SALARY RANGE: $66,348 to $74,415 pa (plus 17% super effective 1 March 2018)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and fixed term to 21 December 2018
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
Provide a high standard of technical support to the academic, teaching and research programs of the School to ensure that the practical and administrative services are provided in an efficient manner.
This will include:
- Providing technical expertise in the use and maintenance of a range of general equipment and specialised instrumentation.
- Providing management, maintenance and monitoring of the microbiology and biology laboratories according to University requirements and safety protocols.
- Providing technical support in the preparation of materials for LES and MIBT microbiology, biotechnology and biology practical classes to guarantee the smooth running of these classes.
- Ensuring the implementation of all University policies that relate to the areas for which the position is responsible.
- Graduate qualification in Biological Sciences, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience in a Chemistry/Biological science laboratory.
- Well-developed skills in some of Microbiology/Biotechnology/Biology laboratory procedures and a sound knowledge of some of the following instrumental techniques; Gel electrophoresis, DNA sequencing, microscopy, histology and autoclaves.
- Expertise and competencies in operating specialised Biological instrumentation.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 18 February 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.