Faculty Operations Manager
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Faculty of Engineering at UNSW is a national and international leader in engineering research and education and is the University’s premier research Faculty. It is the largest Engineering Faculty in Australia, graduating the largest number of engineers and with the largest research expenditure. Through excellence in fundamental and applied research the Faculty aims to be placed in the top 20 internationally by 2025.
About the role
- A$130K plus (17% superannuation)
The Faculty Operations Manager is a key leadership role in the Faculty and will be required to contribute to the strategic and operational management of the Faculty whilst developing and implementing Faculty-wide shared services.
The role is responsible for supporting the Faculty Executive Director (FED) in overseeing the management of plans and processes to deliver operational services to the Faculty to ensure it meets its academic, research and learning outcomes. The Operations Manager will support the FED to interface with a number of UNSW professional service teams that may be located in the Faculty or centrally and lead the general administration and general infrastructure support functions based within the Faculty.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications with extensive relevant experience in business administration and/or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and operational planning.
- Proven experience in high level financial management, budgeting, reporting and analysis.
- High level organisational management skills with significant project improvement experience.
- Significant project management experience and the ability to review and improve significant operational work practices at Faculty level.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Lucian Hiss, Faculty Executive Director, UNSW Engineering
T: +61 401 713 242
Applications close: Sunday 25 February 2018