- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Kirby Institute is the major research body in Australia with responsibility for research into the clinical and epidemiological aspects of HIV/AIDS. It is also responsible for research into the clinical and epidemiological aspects of other blood borne viruses and sexually transmissible infections, in particular Viral Hepatitis.
About the role
- $71,451 - $80,850 plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term for 12 months
- Part-time (28 hours per week)
The primary function of the Administrative Officer is to provide administrative support to Public Health Interventions and Research Group at the Kirby Institute. This position plays a key role in undertaking a broad range of administrative and research functions, including the provision of assistance to the Program Head.
The Administrative Officer reports to the International Training and Development Manager, and has no direct reports
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A degree or diploma, and/or at least three years relevant work experience in a similar administrative position in an academic, medical or research environment.
- Demonstrated experience providing administrative and research support with the ability to work well under pressure with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to liaise with a diverse group of people from varying backgrounds and seniority.
Candidates are required to address each of the Position Description selection criteria in their application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Liza Doyle, International Training and Development Manager
T: (61 2) 9385 0900
Applications close: 18 February 2018