Higher Degree Research Support Officer
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
In the Faculty of Built Environment we shape future cities. Cities that are resilient, informed, healthy and smart – that are connected, green, liveable and inclusive.
Our vision is to be a global leader through high impact research and education that transforms built environments and improves the lives of the people who live and work in these communities. We have an intentionally broad focus to foster cross-cutting collaboration: from future focused products, design, and development, through to the policy and planning needed to support and promote innovation. We are tackling pressing environmental and societal challenges such as urban heat and urban heat, and the spatial inequality so present in many of our cities globally.
We are focused on high performing built environments that are sustainable and resilient, anticipating future ecological needs – always based on a design ethos that promotes, and responds to, the needs of the individual, communities and the broader cultural landscape. To do this we are building an agile platform for education, research and exchange that can respond to the changing needs of the profession. We also engender a culture and capacity to anticipate the unknown; by developing skilled and enquiring graduates, with conscience, who can positively engage, adapt and shape future cities – but always in a way that puts the planet, its people, first.
About the role
- $71,451K-$80,850K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
The Research Support Officer is responsible for administrative support within the Associate Dean Research Unit (ADR Unit) of the Faculty of Built Environment. The position supports the Postgraduate Research Student Coordinator to manage the Higher Degree Research (HDR) student experience within the faculty as well as provide broader administrative support to the Faculty Research Manager to assist in the collection, analysis and dissemination of research information.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience
- Demonstrated high standard of interpersonal skills.
- Excellence in both written and oral communication.
- Commitment to quality customer service.
- Proven ability to apply judgement and initiative to solving problems and meeting deadlines.
- Advanced level of computer literacy with sound skills in the use of word-processing applications, excel spreadsheets and databases, email and web browsers.
- Knowledge and understanding of university policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: 25th February 2018