School of Life and Environmental Sciences
Faculty of Science
- Join a dynamic research team leading cutting edge research in major programs of work in dairy and beef, collaborating with industry and commercial partners
- Located at Camden Campus
- Full-time fixed term for 3 years, remuneration package: $84Kp.a. which includes base salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
This position provides essential technical professional support to researchers and students on-farm. The successful applicant will prepare and carry out field experiments related to the research work being undertaken by the team.
In this position, you will:
- join a dynamic research team leading cutting edge research in major programs of work across livestock species that collaborates with industry and commercial partners
- make a difference to industry and farmers by extracting value from new and existing technologies
- conduct field research with livestock to improve their health/welfare and productivity
- progress your career by learning from domestic and international experts in the field
- have job certainty out to 3 years and beyond pending continued funding success
- live in Camden – a unique rural setting only an hour drive from the metropolis of Sydney
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Technical Assistant who possesses:
- tertiary qualifications with demonstrated field work and/or research experience
- demonstrated experience working with livestock and in research methodology skills with the ability to prepare scientific papers for publication
- sound working knowledge and acute awareness of safety regulations and operating procedures within farm and laboratory environments
- experience maintaining a sound working knowledge and awareness of safety regulations and operating procedures within the laboratory environment.
Please check our website for more information about the area:
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth.We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm 27 February 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.