PhD Scholarship in Social networks in STEM education
- Faculty of Business & Law, Centre for Transformative Innovation
- PhD Social networks in STEM education, SUPRA Scholarship
- 3 years, Hawthorn Campus
About the scholarship
The purpose of the position is to advance the research performance of the Centre for Transformative Innovation in priority areas, while providing research training to high quality candidates who will make a forward contribution to engaged research in social network analysis (SNA).
The Centre for Transformative Innovation currently have an opportunity for a PhD Scholarship commencing in 2018.
Ideal candidates for this position will take on priority topics that are detailed below. Candidates are welcome to submit a project proposal for consideration in the key research area of social Networks in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education.
Potential topics, with relation to STEM education, could include the following:
- Women and gender equity
- Social learning within the STEM classroom
- Families, communities, and STEM education
- Small group interactions and classroom tasks
- Motivation, beliefs, and attitudes
- Teacher and student relationships
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A Bachelor degree honours and/or a Research Master’s degree with H1 or 2A equivalence in a discipline relevant to psychology, sociology, education, management, anthropology, statistics, or a cognate discipline
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent (e.g. Pearson Test of English (PTE) examination certificate with a minimum overall score of 6.5
- Data analysis skills and attention to detail
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
How to apply
To start an application click on 'begin' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description below.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Dean Lusher on +61 3 92145934.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Applications close at 5 pm, Wednesday 28th February 2018.