Senior Group Management Reporting Analyst
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Vibrant culture with a strong sense of community and inclusion
- Enjoy a role that makes a difference by collaborating and learning from the best
At UNSW Sydney, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Sydney has developed an exciting ten-year strategic plan focused on Academic Excellence, Social Engagement and Global Impact that aims to see it ranked in the Top 50 universities in the world by 2025.
The University has recently undertaken an exciting phase of transformation and change. Finance is a significant internal function dedicated to continuing to build a high performance culture whilst delivering excellent finance support.
- Ongoing Level 9 role ($140k - $148k package)
- Leverage your Accounting, Analysis and Financial Modelling skills
- Help contribute to the achievement of business and University objectives
About the role
The Senior Group Management Reporting Analyst provides financial services aligned with the University’s Financial Management framework, including management reporting and analysis, balance sheet and cashflow modelling and group forecasting to enable tracking of revenues, expenditures and monitoring financial performance across key financial indicators.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare and distribute business units’ month-end, year-end and forecast reporting packs, prepare Parent/Group consolidated analysis and reports, whilst ensuring the accuracy and integrity of data.
- Review and analyse UNSW Sydney’s parent and controlled entities financial performance, expenditure and position using the reporting packs (actual and forecast) to ensure drivers of variations are understood and managed, including initiating remedial action to resolve any issues.
- Manage end-to-end process for preparation of Group reports on specific areas: tangible & intangible fixed assets, financial assets and liabilities, restricted cash, internal eliminations and headcount reporting.
- Prepare insightful variance analysis and translate into meaningful business advice.
- Act as a subject matter expert to ensure effective service, knowledge and coverage across nominated University business units.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline, CA or CPA qualification (or equivalent)
- Substantial experience in management reporting, budgeting and forecasting in a large commercial organisation or similar role within a group, divisional financial planning and analysis team or management reporting team.
- Proven skills in creating forecasting models with P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Well-developed computer and business intelligence expertise with proficiency in Microsoft Excel (including data visualisation), PowerPoint and Word. Experience with Calumo, TM1, Hyperion Essbase or similar tools will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards.
Please apply on-line by submitting your resume with a short cover letter. Applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Contact: Gautier Du Verdier
Applications close: Midnight Tuesday 20 February 2018