Research Ethics Manager
- Be responsible for the smooth operation of the University’s Human Research Ethics Committee
- Drive and promote an ethical culture of research for staff and students at ACU
- Full time, continuing role based in North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs.
ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research leads ACU’s research intensification strategy and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the ACU Research Portfolio, including research and research training.
As Research Ethics Manager you will:
- ensure that the review of Ethics applications is conducted in accordance with the requirements of the
- National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research
- ensure that ethics applications are managed appropriately for all stages of their life cycle
- work collaboratively to develop policies and guidelines to meet legal and best practice requirements
- engage with relevant external bodies to ensure currency with research ethics requirements.
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- postgraduate qualifications and a thorough understanding of the human and animal research ethics and
- biosafety review processes in the higher education setting
- a thorough knowledge of the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research, the Australian
- Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research, and the Australian Code for the Care and Use of
- Animals for Scientific Purposes
- the ability to communicate with impact and collaborate effectively
- experience in planning work activity and prioritising time and resources.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $128,125- $136,720 pa, including salary component $108,349- $115,695 pa Higher Education Worker Level 9), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Ms Jeanine Parsons, Senior Manager, Research Services on (02) 9739 2167.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 25 February 2018