- STUDENT SERVICES CENTRE
- JOONDALUP CAMPUS
- $85,911 - $96,451 PA (HEW 7)
- PART-TIME (0.5), ONGOING POSITION
- Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents
The ECU Counselling Service is seeking a creative and experienced Psychologist to provide individual counselling to current ECU students at our Joondalup Campus.
Essential skills for this position include demonstrated counselling experience, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of the larger student counselling team. Experience in a tertiary education setting would be an advantage, however is not essential.
- Degree in Psychology with full generalist endorsement with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in assessing and treating adults with a broad range of psycho-social problems and disorders
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skills for working with cross-cultural and equity issues in counselling;
- Demonstrated high level organisational and record keeping skills
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This part-time (50%), ongoing position attracts remuneration of $85,911 - $96,451 pa pro-rata plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
Interested applicants are welcome to call Trina Reilly, Manager Counselling and Equity Services on 9370 6706 for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a statement (max 2 pages) addressing the capabilities listed above.
Applications close Sunday 18th February 2018 at 11.30 pm AWST.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.