Associate Professor/Professor of Nutrition and Dietetics
SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and fixed term to 30 June 2022
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus and Western Health Sunshine
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Associate Professor or Professor of Nutrition and Dietetics will be a joint position between the Nutrition Department, Western Health and the School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences , Deakin University. Provide academic and professional leadership to clinical and academic staff and students of the respective institutions, appropriate to the research focus and clinical priorities of the partners.
This will include:
- Leading and planning the overall strategic direction of a translational nutrition and dietetics research program across Western Health campuses to enhance research and innovation and position Western Health as a World Class health service.
- Making an outstanding contribution to research and scholarly publication in one of the School or Faculty's areas of research strength.
- Playing a role in clinical education of dietetic students at Western Health and provide guest lectures within an area of specialty, research methods in clinical practice and professional practice.
- Attaining recognition at a national and international level in the nutrition and dietetics discipline.
- PhD in nutrition and dietetics or a relevant field (or equivalent).
- Relevant experience in nutrition and dietetics with a practical and/or theoretical background.
- Demonstrable academic leadership and professional expertise in the field of nutrition and dietetics.
- Proven experience in university teaching and learning expertise at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- A proven record of attracting and successfully supervising Honours, Masters and PhD students with demonstrated outcomes.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Sarah McNaughton, Tel: +61 3 9251 7842, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 25 March 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.