Postdoctoral Fellowship in Algebra
4 days left
- Full Time
A postdoctoral fellowship in algebra is available at the Department of Mathematical Sciences at NTNU. The successful candidate will be offered a two-year position, but the Department may offer an extension up to one year with teaching duties.
The candidate is expected to conduct research in homological, categorical or computational aspects of the representation theory of algebras. Examples of topics that are currently being studied by members of the algebra group are exceptional objects, representation varieties, projective resolutions, matrix factorizations, Hochschild cohomology, support varieties, higher representation theory and (higher) triangulated categories.
The work place will be in Trondheim.
The postdoctoral fellow must hold a PhD within a discipline relevant to the project, like homological algebra or representation theory. PhD students in their last year are also invited to apply; employment will then be postponed until the PhD degree is finished.
Applicants who do not master a Scandinavian language must provide evidence of good English language skills, written and spoken. The following tests can be used as such documentation: TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE). Minimum scores are:
- TOEFL: 600 (paper-based test), 92 (Internet-based test)
- IELTS: 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5 (only Academic IELTS test accepted)
- CAE/CPE: grade B or A
The application must include the following:
- A short research plan written together with at least one of the permanent members of the algebra group (maximum 3 pages)
- CV including a full list of publications with bibliographical references
- The most important publications that are relevant for the evaluation of the applicant’s qualifications (maximum 10 publications)
- Documentation of fluency in the English language.
Other documents which the applicant would find relevant may also be included, such as information about teaching experience, testimonials and certificates.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications are to be submitted electronically through this page. Preferably, the attachments should be submitted as a single file.
Terms of employment
The position adheres to the Norwegian Government’s policy of balanced ethnicity, age and gender. NTNU wishes to increase the number of women in its workforce, and female candidates are therefore encouraged to apply.
The appointment is to be made in accordance with the regulations for State Employees and Civil Servants in Norway. The candidate must adhere to regulations that concern changes and developments within the discipline and/or the organizational changes concerning activities at NTNU.
The position as postdoctoral fellow follows code 1352, and is remunerated at level 57 on the Norwegian government salary scale, with a gross salary of NOK 490 500 a year. A pension contribution of 2% of the salary will be deducted as an obligatory premium to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
Under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information Act, information about the applicant may be made public even if the applicant has requested not to have his or her name entered on the list of applicants.
For further information, please contact:
Petter Andreas Bergh (email@example.com ).
Reference no: IE 017-2018.
Closing date: 28.02.2018.
About this job
- Deadline Wednesday, February 28, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Place of service Trondheim
- Jobbnorge ID 147815
- Internal ID IE 017-2018
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Project
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!