Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Established in 1980, the College of Engineering offers degree programs in the fields of Architectural, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Systems, Computer Science and Computer Engineering with the primary goal of preparing Qatari engineers with outstanding scientific and technical competencies to enable them to participate and contribute in the various aspects of the country.
College/Department Profile: The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has a long tradition of commitment to excellence in teaching research and student services. The Department offers B.Sc. degree in computer science and in computer engineering. It also offers MS degree in computing, and Ph.D. degrees in computer science and computer engineering. Our graduates are very well placed at the national level and are highly recognized within the Computer Science and Engineering professional community. We have an exceptionally qualified Faculty that is committed to maintaining this tradition.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering is seeking candidates for a Lab Engineering position responsible for the maintenance and operations of CSE computer labs.
- Provide technical support to students and faculty such setup of software, checking the equipment or network operation and prepare the labs to ensure that lab sessions run smoothly.
- Provide technical assistance for course projects and senior design projects such as demonstrating the proper use of the equipment and how to use the hardware and software to complete assignments.
- Manage and maintain CSE Labs including inspection and maintenance of the department lab equipment; ensuring safety; keeping records of equipment and lab supplies.
- Trouble-shooting equipment problems and resolve technical lab issues or arrange for repairs to assure stability, functionality and proper configuration of lab equipment and components.
- Coordinate with the Information Technology Services (ITS) department at Qatar University regarding purchasing, replacing and upgrading of hardware, software, equipment, training kits, development boards, instruments, and tools.
- Perform other job duties as necessary.
The position is available beginning January 2017.
Application Deadline 7th June 2018
Position Category: Non Academic
Employment Type: Full-time
Preferred starting date: May 2018
- BSc in Computer Engineering or a closely related field from a reputed institution.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effective organizational and planning skills.
- Experience in operating and maintaining computing, networking and peripheral equipment safely and competently.
- Experience in solving technical problems involving software, hardware and networking platforms.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a Computer Science and Engineering laboratory environment
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
1. Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
2. New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.