Senior Financial Analyst, Global Programs
Reporting directly to the Director, Finance and Administration, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for financial and enrollment data analysis. He/She assists on all aspects of developing, maintaining, and analyzing budgets and financial plans with a primary focus on Study Abroad budgets. The Senior Financial Analyst will assist the Finance and Administration team with the supervision and review of financial operations for specific sponsored programs. He/She will manage the reconciliation of monthly reports from sites and oversee the transaction upload process into the University systems.
- Assist Global Programs finance and administration management team in the development of income and expense budgets. This includes Stage I & II processes, quarterly confirmations, financial aid budgets, and other ad hoc requests. Conduct data analysis on enrollment, revenue, and expenses and provide summaries as needed to Global Programs finance and administration management team, Study Abroad Enrollment Services, and the Office of Institutional Research.
- In concert with the Director, Finance and Administration, and other Global Programs management team members, conduct a broad range of analysis for decision making purposes that has material financial implications. Identify potential cost and operational efficiencies for recommendation to Senior Management.
- Manage the global programs and study abroad monthly site report process; monitor deadlines, review and reconcile financial reports submitted by each site by verifying financial statements, and upload results into the accounting system and financial databases. Research and resolve discrepancies by communicating with site staff directly and act as first check for spending appropriateness. Ensure expenses are compliant with BU financial and operational policies. Propose and assist with the development of policies, forms, and templates to streamline reporting and other processes.
- Research and resolve budgetary discrepancies by communicating with site staff directly and act as a first check for spending appropriateness. Ensure expenses are compliant with BU financial and operational policies.
- Liaise with the office of General Accounting, as well as other departmental accounting units across campus as required to resolve potential accounting discrepancies.
- Assist Global Programs finance and administration management team on special projects as needed.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Abilities:
- B.A/B.S or equivalent, Masters degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in financial analysis of a complex organization, including experience with global finance and preparing and analyzing complex budgets
- Exceptional analytical, computer and modeling skills
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular