Network Operations Engineer, IS&T Network Services
Network Operations Engineers (NOEs) are responsible for the day-to-day delivery of communications infrastructure spanning data, video, and voice. NOE II’s provides time-proven technical and collaborative skills in the delivery and maintenance of communications infrastructure and services. Additionally, NOE II’s propose the development and creation of new processes and procedures associated with configuration changes, operational sustainment, and monitoring.
REQUIREMENT BUMC NETWORK POSITIONS ONLY
The National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories (NEIDL) is part of a national network of secure facilities that study infectious diseases – whether they occur naturally or are introduced deliberately through bioterrorism. The NEIDL is dedicated to the development of diagnostics, vaccines and therapeutics to combat emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases. In addition to Bio Safety Level (BSL)-2 and BSL-3 laboratories, the NEIDL houses BSL-4 laboratories that will operate at the highest level of containment. The NEIDL will add to the growing life sciences industry in the region, throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and across the country.
Individuals seeking affiliation with or employment within the NEIDL may be subject to the following suitability requirements. Failure to meet any of these requirements may result in ineligibility for employment or affiliation:
- Criminal Background Check:To be completed in accordance with BU Public Safety guidelines and all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Basic Background Check:Includes, but is not limited to, verification of:
- Social Security Number;
- Academic credentials;
- Past employment;
- Licenses and credentials;
- Sexual Offender Registry Information (SORI) check;
- Credit history check;
- RMV/DMV driving record, if required.
- Medical Clearance Process:includes Research Occupational Health Program (ROHP) evaluation, drug screening, initial psychological screening, and immunization/titer level review completed in accordance with NEIDL Medical Surveillance Policy for all employees working at the NEIDL.
Please note, any individual working in the NEIDL facility and granted unescorted access, is subject to
- periodic background reviews, including but not limited to: criminal background, credit history, drug screening, and behavioral evaluations;
- periodic checks and regular renewals of security credentials, any applicable licenses, and verification of the successful completion of any required training at the facility
- Search of person, clothing and effects prior to entry into or egress from NEIDL
When applicable, individuals will be required to maintain all applicable clearances and licenses and to disclose any changes in circumstances that could compromise access to the facility.
Continued employment/ affiliation is contingent upon strict adherence, at all times, to all applicable safety and security rules, procedures, and protocols, as well as required training regimens.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular