Senior Planning Analyst
Institutional Analysis and Planning
Office of the Provost and Deputy Vice Chancellor
- Opportunity to provide professional high level institutional analysis to meet the business needs of the University including planning, advice and reporting
- Full-time, Fixed Term 7 months, Located at Camperdown Campus
- Remuneration package: $119,425 p.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Associate Director, Institutional Planning, this position applies extensive professional experience in the provision of high level institutional analysis including planning, advice and reporting to meet the business needs of the University and external stakeholders t.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Senior Planning Analyst who possesses:
- degree qualifications in a relevant area
- experience in planning processes with an understanding of the end-to-end planning for University operations.
- understanding of end to end, enrolment, load and revenue planning processes for faculties
- experience in providing strategic support and advice to allocated faculties and PSUs on the impact of internal university policy changes and external legislative changes, course offering changes, market shifts and other internal and external factors that could impact University operations
- skills in contributing to ongoing improvement of fee setting processes to meet client needs, ensure University and faculty goals are realised, continued fee performance analysis is maximised and internal and external audit requirements are met.
Institutional Analytics and Planning (IAP) at the University of Sydney has three main missions. First, through data driven insights, business intelligence from collected internal and external information and data governance services, IAP supports the University’s leadership in strategic decision making to enhance the University’s leading position. IAP ensures that the University complies with government regulatory obligations for funding and reporting and finally, it manages student fee, load and course planning processes, including market analysis, to ensure that the University has robust academic and financial plans in place. IAP is also responsible for end to end leadership in Student Fee Setting, Reporting and Analytics and Data Governance strategies and framework for the University. Data Governance is integral for data quality in enterprise source systems.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 127/0118 to apply.
Closing date: 11.30pm 19 February 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.