- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Centre for Ideas was established in September 2017 as part of the University’s 2025 Strategy. It is part of the Division of External Relations in the Global Profile and Reputation area. It includes a team of staff responsible for the Centre for Ideas’ program as well as a team of staff responsible for University events.
About the role
- $91K-$99K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time hours
The Centre for Ideas is a new initiative that will change the way that the University engages with its communities. It will create a platform for the University’s public and internal events to be presented more strategically and cement the University’s role as a thought leader. It will bring together a coherent University events calendar and create systems and platforms to reach substantial audiences.
The Centre for Ideas will bring important Australian and international thinkers together to address the most important issues of the day. It will be a gateway to the knowledge and research within the University, and a way of bringing the best the world has to offer to the University.
The Events Coordinator plays an integral role in supporting the planning, and coordinating the delivery and promotion of strategic University events.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- A collaborative mindset and superior interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and sustain good professional relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in event planning, promotion, delivery and reporting in a university setting or other relevant environment.
- A relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any combination of education, training and experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: Monday 19 February 2018, 11:30 pm