Administration Officer, Research Focus Area
- Provide timely, accurate and proactive administrative services
- Full-time, fixed term (until 31 December 2022) role based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $73,573 - $79,638 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation pro-rated
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Research Focus Areas initiative at La Trobe University was launched in 2013 under the 2013-2017 University Strategy Future Ready, to drive high-quality multidisciplinary research programs aligned with the LA Trobe’s research strengths and capabilities. Under its new Strategic Plan for 2018-2022 the University continues its investment into the following RFAs: Building Healthy Communities; Securing Food, Water and the Environment; Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation; Transforming Human Societies; and Understanding Disease.
About the role
Reporting to the Project Manager, Research Development in the Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research Development), you will be responsible for providing a wide range of high-level administration support and advice to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Research Focus Areas (RFAs):
- Provide general administrative support to the Project Manager, Research Development and the RFA Directors.
- Administer processes relating to internal funding schemes, including the tracking and recording of applications, attending to enquiries, coordinating the assessment of applications and post-award processes.
- Coordinate the administrative functions associated with RFA executive meetings, member forums, workshops and showcases, including venue bookings, travel and accommodation, catering and attendance lists.
- Organise, monitor and maintain effective record management and tracking systems of RFA files, data and membership.
- Undertake accurate data gathering, entry and analysis, and support the preparation of internal reports.
- Maintain the RFA webpages and mailboxes, and assist with the production of RFA resources and promotional materials.
- Contribute to the improvement of RFA processes and procedures, and maintain relevant documentation.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders, including RFA members and Executive Committees, Research Finance, Research Office and other relevant university stakeholders.
Skills & experience
To be considered for this role you will have a degree without subsequent relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of education/training and/or relevant experience in office or project administration.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- High degree of autonomy and independent decision making, and follow established procedures with limited supervision;
- Capacity to organise work efficiently and delivery outputs in a timely manner;
- Excellent customer service and communication skills including proven ability to draft correspondence, minutes and reports;
- Demonstrated ability to positively resolve problems; and
- High level proficiency in computer software packages including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail, and the use of the internet as a research tool
Administrative experience in a tertiary education or training environment is desirable.
How to Apply
Closing date: 18th February, 2018
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Position Enquiries: Dr Dora Horvath, Project Manager Research Development, Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research Development). T: +61 3 9479 3729. E: email@example.com
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa and working with children check.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact HR Assist on 9479 1234.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for position no (553329) under current vacancies.