RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The College comprises four Schools delivering a broad range of programs in science, engineering, health and technology at apprenticeship, certificate, bachelor, masters and PhD levels. Many programs articulate between vocational and higher education, creating pathways for further study. There is a vibrant research community attracting funding from a range of government and industry sources. The College has an annual income of approximately $425 million and employs over 1,000 staff providing on and offshore programs to approximately 20,000 students.
RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
As a member of the Technical Services Leadership Team, you will play a key role in the development and implementation of consistent and effective work and risk management processes and practices across the Technical Services function, and in supporting the Senior Manager, Technical Services to deliver on the SEH teaching and research goals and objectives.
Due to a recent restructure, the College of Science, Engineering and Health is currently looking for:
- Technical Manager - Biological Sciences (CBD)
- Technical Manager - Computer Aided Manufacturing (CBD)
- Technical Manager - Electrical, Electronics & Instrumentation (CBD)
- Technical Manager - Laboratory Chemistry (CBD)
- You hold a Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or/and have demonstrated relevant work experience
- Proven skills and experience in successfully managing and motivating a technical team delivering high quality service to support a diverse range of client needs
- Substantial experience in the operational management of laboratory services and infrastructure
- Demonstrable understanding of relevant legislative requirements of the OHS Act in relation to working with toxic gases, liquids and solids, in managing equipment and processes having inherent operational risks
- Good, relevant laboratory operations and maintenance expertise
Only online applications via http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au are accepted. Please select your preferred position. For further enquiries please contact Glenn Newell (Senior Manager Technical Support) on +61 3 9925 7766.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
Applications close on Sunday 25 February.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
More searches like this
- Permanent Biological Sciences Administrative jobs in Melbourne
- Permanent Computer Science Administrative jobs in Melbourne
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Administrative jobs in Melbourne
- Permanent Physical Sciences Administrative jobs in Melbourne
- Permanent Life sciences Administrative jobs in Melbourne