Executive Officer, Faculty of Arts
- Opportunity to provide high-level policy and strategic advice and analysis and administrative support
- Work with leading academics and innovative working environment
- Competitive salary package and benefits
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
One of the leading arts and humanities faculties in Australia, Macquarie's Faculty of Arts is home to bold thinkers and passionate educators who are asking the big questions about the world. United in the spirit of interdisciplinary discovery we explore the human story from its earliest foundations in ancient cultures to its exciting future. Our research is gaining global recognition and with two research centres, two museums and state-of-the-art media facilities, we empower our staff to transform themselves and the world around them.
The Executive Officer is a pivotal role within the Dean’s Office in the provision of strategic support, policy, and planning to facilitate overall successful operation of the Faculty. We are seeking an experienced Executive Officer to provide high-level policy, strategic advice and professional support to the Executive Dean in delivering teaching and research strategies and operational support to the Faculty of Arts. The successful candidate would also:
- Lead the development, implementation and review of Faculty-wide policies and procedures relating to Research, Teaching and Learning, Internationalisation and Higher Degree Research, including related operational and administrative processes across the Faculty;
- Manage the delivery of strategic projects for the Executive Dean;
- Drive Faculty-level engagement with the Offices of the DVC (Academic), DVC (Research) and Macquarie International;
- Manage the Executive Dean’s engagement with University-level governing bodies including University Council, University Executive Group;
- Drive continuous improvement in consultation with internal stakeholders, in Faculty-wide governance and associated administrative processes.
To be considered for this position, please apply online with your CV and cover letter (1-2 pages) addressing the selection criteria below:
- Relevant qualifications and/or extensive relevant experience in business, management or related discipline;
- An understanding of relationship management, project management principles and solid project administrative skills;
- Experience working in a senior commercial or corporate role, preferably in an academic environment;
- Demonstrated skill and experience in communicating complex information to a range of audiences and senior management;
- Demonstrated ability to both analyse and interpret data with strong research skills to enable policy analysis;
- Ability to apply a high level of confidentiality and sensitivity and able to act on the Dean’s behalf of designated matters;
- Excellent oral, written and visual communication skills including researching, extracting and summarising key information from a variety of sources, report writing, responding effectively to key stakeholders and creating presentations;
- Demonstrated record of building and managing influential relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
For further information, please view the position description below.
Enquiries: Martina Mollering - Executive Dean, Faculty of Arts firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Package: From $115,570 to $122,061 p.a. (HEW Level 9), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday, 25 February 2018 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Applications need to be submitted through Derwent Executive’s online recruitment system via www.derwentexecutive.com.au Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to Derwent Executive’s online system, please contact Sarah Beresford of Derwent Executive on +61 2 9223 1855.
- Ref 502198 – Executive Officer, Faculty of Arts
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.