Work Integrated Learning Placement Officer
4 days left
- Part Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Built Environment (BE) is one of the largest built environment faculties in Australia and is internationally renowned for its comprehensive range of multidisciplinary degree programs. UNSW BE focus is on research and education relevant to the design, delivery and management of the 21st century city and the elements. The Faculty’s strategic direction is one based on a commitment to deliver high impact research and graduates equipped with the knowledge and practical skills required to realise sustainable urban environments of enduring cultural value.
About the role
- $83,653K-$89,238K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- 12 month Fixed Term
- Part-time (21 hours per week)
The WIL Placement Officer supports the development of the Bachelor of Planning initiatives to support and strengthen student engagement programs in order to positively influence the student experience within UNSW Built Environment.
This includes identifying, developing and implementing student development opportunities to enhance the student experience and ensure work-readiness.
The role, is responsible for the placement, accreditation and professional experience students complete as part of their course requirements.
This position will manage all of the systems, processes and staff involved in the placement of students in a work integrated learning context. Central to this role will be a capacity to engage with a range of external key stakeholders from business and public policy sectors to develop and maintain appropriate intern and work placement opportunities for students.
The role of the WIL Placement Officer reports to the Education Support Manager and works closely with the Discipline Director for Urban Planning.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in the field of Planning with relevant experience and/or a combination of education, training or experience
- Experience working within the Planning or tertiary education sector with specialist knowledge of student placements or an equivalent level of knowledge and experience gained through another sector within Australia
- Substantial experience in relationship management with proven success in providing a positive partnership experience with a key focus on long-term partnership development
- Demonstrated understanding on University course and program management systems and the ability to interpret and implement related policies and procedures
- Proven interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service and providing a high-level of stakeholder engagement
- Substantial experience in offering work integrated learning opportunities including student supervision and education
- A capacity to develop and provide professional development opportunities
- High level proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases with the ability to learn and promote the use of new systems
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedures
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Hoon Han, Discipline Director
T: (61) 2 9385 6319
Applications close: 25th February 2018