Talent Acquisition Manager
Human Resource Services
We are developing the 'next generation' of higher education professionals that contribute services that go beyond support and enablement for academics; they challenge and inspire all of us. Our professional staff play an integral part in developing and delivering expertise, management, leadership and strategic services that are complex, rewarding and truly cutting edge. Your contribution to making us a world-class institution is recognised and rewarded in many different ways. Competitive salaries, formal awards programs, development opportunities and promotions are just the start.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director, People and Workforce Strategy, the Talent Acquisition Manager utilises expert market and sector knowledge to develop tailored talent and recruitment strategies in partnership with UON senior leaders. The position is also responsible for leading the Talent Management team to implement best practice talent acquisition processes and systems in delivering end to end recruitment services aligned to strategic and operational business needs.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Postgraduate qualifications in HRM or relevant field and extensive experience in Recruitment/Talent Management; or extensive management experience and proven management expertise; or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated success in a recruitment consultant role with exposure to recruiting mid to senior management roles with demonstrated expertise in executive search methodologies applied to specialised and technical roles.
- Demonstrated exceptional relationship building skills and capacity to work effectively with senior leaders to achieve strategic goals and drive best practice recruitment practices and talent management.
- Proven ability to develop and implement innovative strategies to optimise an organisations capacity to achieve its strategic goals.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to influence strategy while providing exceptional customer focused service.
- Demonstrated experience in providing a positive culture of candidate care and strong candidate management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capability including the ability to lead/inspire a team of professional staff to deliver exceptional performance/outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of workplace obligations to, and experience in leading and cultivating workplace practices and behaviours that promote, support and maintain a safe, healthy, equitable, diverse and respectful workplace; including responding appropriately to adverse accidents, incidents, behaviours, issues, reports and the like.
Please note: In accordance with the University's Staff Selection Guidelines, your application will be assessed on the selection criteria found at the link below. It is essential that you address each of the criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
HEW Level 9 - From $110,645 plus contributory superannuation with Unisuper.
Closing Date: Friday 16 February 2018