Clinical Educator in Occupational Therapy
James Cook University has an exciting opportunity for a full time Clinical Educator in our Occupational Therapy Clinic. This position is required for a maternity leave cover and is based at the Clinical Practice Building on our Townsville campus. The position is for 6 months initially with a start date in mid-April.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Tertiary degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Proof of registration with AHPRA.
- Proof of holding a current Blue Card.
- Demonstrated experience in working with paediatric clients.
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal skills to provide support and guidance to families and liaise with other health professionals, community paediatric services, childcare and school staff to enhance continuity of care.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in educating and supervising undergraduate occupational therapy students.
- Ability to work independently.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- A strong educational and clinical background in occupational therapy.
- Provision of a teaching/supervision and professional portfolio.
If you feel you meet the selection criteria and are interested in this position, could you please contact Trish Wielandt on 4781 6672 by the 16th February 2018.