Centre for Coal Seam Gas
Australia's onshore natural gas industry has expanded rapidly with the establishment of a new Coal Seam Gas-Liquefied Natural Gas industry in Queensland. In this evolving environment, The University of Queensland recognised a need for a coordinated access point to address the community, government and industry challenges.
The Centre for Coal Seam Gas (CCSG) was established in 2012 to conduct and support research and education within onshore gas, creating a scientific energy platform.
The Centre conducts research and supports education in key discipline areas including economics, business, petroleum engineering, geosciences, water, ecology and social sciences. The Centre also provides independent advice to industry and government on policy or business-relevant matters, leadership on scientific and technical issues as well as strategic planning.
For more Information about the Centre, please visit: https://ccsg.centre.uq.edu.au
The primary purpose of this position is to lead and manage the delivery of Centre professional support services. The Operations Manager works with the Director to create and implement a coherent and robust model for operations to ensure stability and sustainability. The Centre is managed in the context of a fast-growing industry, with a fluid policy and regulatory environment.
The Centre professional support services encompass financial and human resource policy and administration, risk management processes, the Centre’s intellectual property management process, information technology, facilities, space allocation and the implementation and management of Centre information.
The position acts as the primary link between the Centre and the Central Administration of the University, as well as ensuring the development of efficient communication and effective working relations with other Schools, Institutes and Faculties and with key external clients, research partners and stakeholders.
Applicants should possess;
- Undergraduate degree in a Management, Commerce or Science discipline
- Postgraduate qualifications in management or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Experience in senior management roles which demonstrate the ability to deliver on the accountabilities of this position
- Experience in financial management of a complex organisation
- Experience and understanding of a range of organisational cultures
- Knowledge of contract and IP management
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to strategic planning and implementation strategies
- Highly developed communication skills, particularly the ability to liaise and consult; to prepare reports and submissions; to negotiate and to manage change; and to communicate with diverse groups both within and external to the Centre
- Exceptional ability to lead and manage the professional staff in a federated organisation
- Ability to act creatively and flexibly and to take initiatives without direction within established University and Centre policies and guidelines
This is a Full-Time, Fixed-Term appointment until 31 December 2021 at HEW Level 9. The remuneration package will be in the range $108,810 - $115,144 p.a., plus employer superannuation contributions of up to 17% (total package will be in the range $127,307 - $134,718 p.a.).
To discuss this role please contact Professor Andrew Garnett on +61 7 3346 7017 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit an application for this role, use the Apply button below. All applicants must supply the following documents: Cover letter, Resume and Selection Criteria responses.
For information on completing the application process click here.