Education and Collection Services Librarian, Library Services, Alumni Medical Library
The Education and Collection Services Librarian works collaboratively with a team of librarians and paraprofessional staff to support Technical Services, Circulation, Interlibrary Loan, and Education Services activities; familiarity with Alma/Primo library management and discovery systems, including metadata management, ILL and circulation functionality; serves as Technical Services liaison for ALMA/Primo working groups as assigned; manages book orders and processes materials; familiar with OCLC FirstSearch, Rapid, Docline and ILLiad; provides Interlibrary Loan borrowing and lending activities; provides Circulation Desk coverage; works collaboratively with a team of librarians to deliver an extensive array of curriculum-integrated instruction classes and presentations on the medical campus; provides instruction to students, residents, faculty and staff; participates in development and maintenance of the Library’s website; provides reference services; completes special projects including collection weeding and shelf management projects, and archives projects.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Provides Technical Services activities using the Alma/Primo library management and discovery system, including metadata management, ILL and circulation functionality; manages book orders, and processes books and journals; adds book records to the library catalog, including copy cataloging, assigning call numbers, and routing items to appropriate location; updates and corrects catalog records, including removing items for weeded items, and changing item status; utilizes and develops technical services utilities to manage functions, including Standing Order book lists and maintaining statistics; works with dental students to ensure submitted theses adhere to Dental School guidelines.
- Provides Circulation Desk Services daily, and oversees Library Services on Friday evenings; coordinates the work of one student library assistant on Friday evenings; provides assistance to patrons in person and on the telephone; circulates library materials; issues ILL materials, print cards and items on hold; communicates with Public Safety as needed and assures security of library materials; communicates with Facilities to report maintenance issues; Performs routine maintenance and troubleshooting of hardware, software & printers.
- Provides Reference and Archives Services, including reference services for archives; provides Reference/Research support to students, faculty, residents and staff at the Reference Desk; provides Reference/Research support utilizing archives collections; coordinates archival requests for photocopy and media reproductions; completes archives projects as assigned.
- Provides curriculum-integrated information skills instruction to students, staff and faculty; provides presentations and develops workshops.
- Provides back-up Interlibrary Loan Services, including borrowing activities using OCLC, FirstSearch, Rapid and Docline, and lending activities using ILLiad, OCLC FirstSearch, Rapid and docline; monitors ILL Department’s email account; processes Loansome Doc requests; provides recordkeeping including ILL Access database, Copyright Clearance Center, and CISTI.
- Coordinates and provides special projects including collection weeding and shelf management projects.
Schedule: Monday – Thursday 9:30 am – 6:00 pm and Friday 1:30 pm – 10:00 pm; Summer hours schedule changes to Monday – Friday 9:30 am – 6:00 pm.
1-3 years of experience and Master's degree required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States