Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
School of Veterinary Science
Faculty of Science
- Join an organisation that encourages progressive thinking
- Be valued for your exceptional knowledge and experience in diagnostic imaging services
- Full time, continuing role, remuneration package: $147k- 161k p.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% super)
About the opportunity
The Sydney School of Veterinary Science is an internationally renowned provider of education and research and has staff and students based on Main Campus at Camperdown and the University’s Camden campus. A key contributor to world best practice in the care and welfare of animals for more than 100 years, our ongoing success is a result of the contribution of our innovative team of academic and professional staff members.
The School provides first class veterinary primary care and referral services across all major species to support high quality teaching and research that meets global accreditation standards. The University Veterinary Teaching Hospitals (UVTH) comprise a small animal hospital at Camperdown campus and an equine and small animal hospital, a wildlife, exotic, reptile and avian hospital and ambulatory livestock and equine services at the Camden campus.
The primary function of this position is to contribute to the development, coordination teaching and assessment of the Veterinary Science Curriculum with a focus on diagnostic imaging services. The role also provides high quality imaging service to clients of the University Veterinary Teaching Hospitals at Camden with an emphasis on equine imaging. The successful candidate will also demonstrate active participation in the school’s clinical research programs and excellent teaching to veterinary students and residents and the delivery of high standards of practice and client service.
Key responsibilities are:
- Design, develop and deliver high quality teaching and assessment in veterinary diagnostic imaging to Veterinary students and residents in classroom, online and clinical settings
- Supervise DVM, Honours students and postgraduate clinical trainees undertaking research training
- Co-ordinate coursework units of study as required
- Prepare and deliver clinical rounds, seminars, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations and provide effective feedback on learning
- Provide high quality imaging services to patients at UVTH –Camden, with effective client, referring veterinarian, and team communication
- Contribute as a team member and service leader to the UVTHs and Diagnostic Imaging Unit
- Take a leadership role in the development and establishment of the Diagnostic Imaging Unit’s strategic plan and participate in its implementation and operation.
- Promote the Diagnostic Imaging Service and UVTH by means of continuing education to practitioners and attendance at UVTH promotional events
- Undertake scholarship and original research in the discipline
- Apply for research funding and develops collaborations to support research
- Contribute to the dissemination of research results by participating in the writing of scientific papers/reports and making conference presentations.
- Oversee installation and utilisation of new imaging equipment
In this position you will provide high quality imaging service to clients and contribute to the development, teaching and assessment of the curriculum of the veterinary diagnostic imaging unit based at Camden.
We are looking for a Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging who possesses demonstrated expertise in:
- Degree in veterinary science registrable in NSW.
- Diplomate ECVS or Diplomate ACVS or Fellowship of the ANZCVS permitting registration with the NSW Veterinary Scientists Board as a Specialist in Diagnostic Imaging
- Experience in interpreting conventional radiographs, CT, MRI images, performing outpatient ultrasounds including a strong track record and interest in equine imaging practice
- Experience in postgraduate and undergraduate teaching
- Track record in research relative to opportunity
- Willingness to supervise residents training for postgraduate specialist qualifications in diagnostic imaging
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of publications relevant to diagnostic imaging
- Successful record of research grants
- Postgraduate Research qualification in the area of veterinary diagnostic imaging
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2360/1117 to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm 4 March 2018 (Sydney time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.