Compliance and Reporting Manager, CARB-X, School of Law
CARB-X has a unique opportunity for a talented individual to join our core team at Boston University in the role of Compliance and Reporting Manager. CARB-X is a young entrepreneurial endeavor, focused on accelerating the pre-clinical development of products to address antibiotic resistance, including drugs, vaccines and diagnostics. The scope of CARB-X work includes soliciting applications for funding from external organizations, evaluating applications, granting awards, supporting awardees, and monitoring progress. Approximately $500M has already been committed to this work, and over 350 applications for funding have been processed. CARB-X has more than 20 innovative therapeutic and diagnostic projects in the portfolio already and will continue to grow rapidly.
The Compliance and Reporting Manager will be responsible for managing, monitoring, and providing training for compliance with animal care and use regulations across our portfolio of companies as well as compliance with regulations for human subjects research for any of the companies conducting work in the clinic. The position will coordinate all reporting required by our funders, some of which will be related to compliance but also more broadly across the CARB-X range of activities. The Compliance and Reporting Manager will manage development and maintenance of all internal CARB-X standard operating procedures.
The successful candidate must be committed to a nimble, pragmatic way of working to support rapid progress in the companies in our portfolio, while still being completely compliant with all regulations. CARB-X is looking for more than a typical compliance manager; we’re looking for someone who can effectively form partnerships with other compliance experts; someone who can explain the complex rules and pragmatic options to companies who may not have experience with compliance, especially in the context of US Government regulations or NC3Rs.
CARB-X is a fast-paced environment where creativity, flexibility, and collaboration are essential. This is a full-time position, grant funded for up to four years located on the Charles River Campus of Boston University.
Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Experience with US federal animal care and use compliance (OLAW). Familiarity with NC3Rs in the UK will be valuable
- Experience with human subjects research compliance in the US, and ideally in an international setting.
- Experience with writing and maintaining SOPs will be valuable
- Experience coordinating formal reports to funding agencies will be valuable
- Familiarity with the drug discovery and development process in biotechs or pharma will be valuable
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s in life science desired
- Minimum 5 years of experience in healthcare industry
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated strong project management skills. Experience in leading cross-functional projects and initiatives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States