Administration Officer, Promotion and Development
The Wicking Centre is seeking to appoint a motivated and driven individual to fill the role of Administration Officer (Promotion and Development). In this role, you will coordinate and deliver the Centre’s community engagement, recruitment and promotion activities. This will include promotion of the Dementia Care Degree Program and the world-leading Understanding Dementia and Preventing Dementia Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCS).
In the role you will:
- Raise the profile of the Centre through the coordination and implementation of community engagement activities, including but not limited to Open Day, Agfest, aged care conferences, public lectures and other events.
- Maintain oversight and engage regularly with the Centre’s prospective, current and/or past student relations to ensure awareness of the Centre’s research and education.
- Act as the Centre’s key liaison point for all community engagement and promotional activities..
- Work with the College Marketing Manager and the University Marketing Office to ensure a Wicking Centre annual marketing plan is appropriately developed and executed for the Wicking Centre including identifying strategies aimed at increasing student load and course participation, facilitating community engagement and enhancing the Centre’s research profile.
- Undertake a broad range of tasks in support of the Centre’s promotion and development activities.
This role is available part-time (0.8 fraction) or full-time, depending on the applicant.
To be considered, you will have:
- A relevant degree with subsequent relevant experience (minimum two years) or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice promotional, engagement and marketing activities in a service-based industry.
- Demonstrated well developed written and oral communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to build effective working relationships with a wide and diverse range of people; and excellent writing and editing skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Proven organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and maintain attention to detail while meeting competing deadlines and working under pressure.
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in working both independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of computerised administrative systems including word processing, spreadsheets, database operations, email and internet.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 5 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $85901 comprising base salary within the range of $64,060 to $ 73,420 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Kiri Fitzpatrick, Manager, Development and Engagement, email@example.com / 03 6226 4738.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Monday, 19 February 2018.