Human Resources Information Management Analyst
The HR Information Management Analyst is responsible for the effective day to day management and maintenance of the HR Systems and the supply of comprehensive management information to support the business partnering model of HR. The incumbent will investigate and provide system and data solutions to maximise system capabilities and continuity.
The HR Information Management Analyst will develop HR management information data; reports and analysis to meet external reporting obligations and as requested by key stakeholders internally or external to the HR Directorate.
Division of Services and Resources
The Division of Services and Resources comprises a number of Directorates and Offices whose activities foster and promote innovation and best practice in the delivery of its services and provide the frameworks and support to assist the Academy and Service Divisions achieve their goals and objectives.
The Division is responsible for overall strategy in relation to: planning, performance and budgeting framework; strategic procurement; financial and human resources; ICT services; business intelligence and statistical reporting; strategic commercial activities, including in relation to the Discovery Rise project and Retail outlets; quality enhancement and policy framework; capital infrastructure planning and maintenance and delivery of capital projects for ICT and the Estate; health and safety management and compliance; provision of campus services including cleaning, grounds maintenance, security and student accommodation.
The Division has a strong customer service ethic and continuous improvement culture. We are receptive to new ideas and ways in which we can enhance our delivery of services for the University.
Human Resources Directorate
The Human Resources Directorate designs and delivers people management initiatives and practices which assist managers and staff to contribute effectively to the Strategic Intent of the University. The Directorate will contribute to the development of an organisation that promotes and embraces diversity, innovation, flexibility and high performance.
The Human Resources Directorate is responsible for all aspects of employment related matters including attracting high calibre employees, developing organisational and people capabilities that are aligned with University needs, and retaining talent. Functions include HR Services, Policy Development, Recruitment, Equity, Organisational Development and Learning, Industrial Relations, Remuneration and Superannuation services and management of the Human Resource Information System (including the provision of information/KPIs).
James Cook University
Division of Services and Resources
Human Resources Directorate
- Provide HR system knowledge and analytical expertise with respect to the ongoing support to users of all HR systems including liaising with system users to identify and analyse business requirements, designing and recommending effective solutions, supporting system user needs by providing advice and assistance in user technique, operational troubleshooting and system capabilities.
- Administer and provide expert user support on all HR systems including providing advice, user training and documentation, troubleshooting, security and user access, and implementation of upgrades and new releases.
- Develop and maintain user documentation, policy, procedures and training material, liaising within the HR Directorate and expert users across the University and assist with HR system upgrades, training and testing of all corporate information systems operate within the HR Directorate or which interface with those systems.
- In conjunction with the HR Directorate and develop training modules and materials (including on-line support), self-help documentation and conduct training sessions in the effective use of the HR systems to enhance the efficiency of operations, particularly the interaction and accuracy with data.
- Store, extract and compile data and export files to meet external reporting obligations, including but not limited to the annual AHEIA benchmarking and DEEWR reporting and any other ad hoc information management reports to assist the university with informed decision making capabilities.
- Liaise with the HR Directorate to assist and enable the provision of management information reports, analysis and recommendations that support and meet business needs.
- In collaboration with the Quality, Planning and Analytics Directorate, support the development of HR reporting capability within the Cognos Business intelligence suite of tools by providing advice, testing, identifying improvements and system capabilities and potential changes.
- Work closely with the Manager, HR Systems and Information Management and other key stakeholders, contributing to the review of HR practice to enhance organisational performance by providing specialist information management support and advice and identifying initiatives in HR systems and information management processes.
- Support the University's commitment to the principles of reconciliation, which exemplify respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and the valuing of justice and equity for all Australians.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the University values.
- Support the principles of the TropEco program and engage in commitment to JCU sustainability goals and objectives.
There are generic responsibilities that apply to all James Cook University staff. Your specific level descriptor can be found at:
Professional and Technical
There are generic responsibilities that apply to all James Cook University staff.
- The HR Information Management Analyst is required to observe the lawful and reasonable directions, policies and decisions of the University Council, understand and comply with the Enterprise Agreement, the Statutes and Rules of the University, the policies and decisions of the University Council and other appropriate University authorities, as in force from time to time.
- The HR Information Management Analyst is required to demonstrate a personal commitment to ensure personal safety and the safety of others and contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance. This includes the effective implementation and compliance with James Cook University WHS policies, procedures and safe systems of work, together with all relevant legislation, duties and obligations. Contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance.
- The HR Information Management Analyst is required to exercise proper discretion in all matters affecting the well-being of the University which involve public writing or speaking in accordance with the University’s Code of Conduct.
Selection and appointments will be assessed against selection criteria.
- Degree qualification in a business related area with extensive relevant experience in technical or administration in HR information systems or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and/or training.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to support and manage system errors and improvements in information systems and the provision of solutions to improve system procedures, processes and functionality.
- Demonstrated expertise in data management, organisational wide liaison in the provision of information management reporting and analytics.
- High Level written and oral communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with demonstrated expertise in organisational wide liaison with a commitment to user support.
- Demonstrated experience in managing both the day to day maintenance of a large integrated information application and the ongoing enhancements and upgrades of the application.
- Proven effective time management and excellent customer service skills to support HR system users.
- Advance level skills and demonstrated experience of clear report writing, production of statistical reports and dashboards.
- Experience with the Ascender Pay HR system and familiarity with Human Resource Information system administration in the higher education sector.
- Formal Project Management, Business Analysis, Service Delivery Management, Six Sigma, Agile or ITIL Certification, experience or training.