3 days left
- Full Time
Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies (ITLS)
University of Sydney Business School
- Opportunity to provide project management, expert advice and guidance at a strategic level
- Located at Darlington Campus
- Full-time continuing,remuneration package: $119K p.a. which includes base salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Project Manager to provide project management, expert advice and guidance throughout the translation and implementation of strategy, policy and planning within the Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies (ITLS).
In this position, you will:
- work closely with all stakeholders (both external and internal to the University) to manage the translation of research and industry training programs into effective contractual projects compliant with the needs of all parties
- provide strategic input and coordination of the annual report, the five year strategic plan (reviewing, updating, and tracking deliverables), reporting requirements to ARC and University Centres Committee (Governance obligations) and the many submissions to inquiries ITLS is asked to contribute to
- be active in supporting academics in managing the delivery of industry training programs with external clients and providers
- ensure effective managerial oversight of operational and administrative systems, processes and policies to meet objectives ensuring alignment with the Business School/University policies and practices as well as external client requirements (industry and government)
- provide support to academics as required in preparing revisions to the graduate coursework program.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Project Manager who possesses:
- university qualifications with relevant experience in strategic management, business administration and/or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience
- proven management experience at a senior level; together with flexibility, capacity to adapt to changing circumstances and environments and, when necessary, navigating through ambiguity
- experience with budgetary processes and an ability to manage and monitor effectively project income and expenditure
- strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills together with effective leadership and people management skills.
The Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies (ITLS) established in 1991 is an Australian Key Centre of Excellence in Teaching and Research, a University Centre and a discipline within the University of Sydney Business School.
The primary objectives of the Institute are to undertake grant and contract research. ITLS strive to achieve development at a national and global level in the fields of transport, infrastructure, logistics, supply chain management, award program teaching, industry training and executive programs.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth.We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 11.30pm 21 February 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
©The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.