Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, School of Nursing
- 2 positions available
- Ongoing, full-time position
- Total remuneration range: $AUD110,428 to $AUD156,007 pa depending on level of appointment
- Relocation assistance provided
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a 'real world' focus. We are one of the nation’s fastest growing research universities and our courses are in high demand. Our graduates include eight Rhodes Scholars, five of these awarded in the past six years.
We are an ambitious and collaborative institution that seeks to equip our students and graduates with the skills they will need in an increasingly disrupted and challenged world. We are transforming the student experience we offer our 50,000 students and we place a premium on the international and national accreditation of our various professional degrees.
About the roles
The School Nursing is seeking innovators from the nursing education and research field who can contribute to realising our ambitious agenda to be future-focused in the way we deliver courses, undertake research, and prepare our graduates for a changing health workforce. Applicants with a strong background in primary health care and mental health nursing are encouraged to apply.
- Facilitate excellence in undergraduate teaching through the development and promotion of innovative teaching methods and materials.
- Undertake research including publication in high quality peer reviewed journals and collaborate in submission of applications for research grants.
- Coordinate and teach units across all levels of the programs.
- Provide authentic real-world learning and assessment.
- Actively participate in unit and curriculum review and design.
- Engage in professional placement development.
- Supervise research students at both postgraduate and undergraduate levels.
- Effectively engage with industry partners and professional associations at state and national levels.
- Implementing and administering University policy within the Faculty with respect to equitable access to education and workplace health and safety.
- Completion of a doctoral qualification or progression towards completion of a doctoral qualification in a relevant discipline area.
- Eligibility to register as a registered nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- Demonstrated expertise in teaching, including an understanding of the changing context of health care and ability to embed new ways of learning and teaching and working with the health care sector. For Level C – demonstrated leadership in learning and teaching.
- Record of leading and contributing to high impact research/scholarship in an area that would enable links with existing research programs at QUT, including demonstration of generating research income and quality publications. For Level C – evidence of research leadership
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively supervise research students at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. .
- Demonstrated highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with theabilityto work with an (interdisciplinary) team of academic colleagues,and engagement with industry stakeholders to enhance teaching and research performance.
- Demonstrated experience using technology in an innovative way to facilitate and enrich learning environments, connectivity and collaboration.
The position is open to applicants who have ongoing full-time work rights in Australia. Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
For further information about the position contact Professor Patsy Yates, Head, School of Nursing on (07) 3138 3835; for further information about working at QUT contact the HR Department on (07) 3138 4104.
Closing Date: 18 February 2018
For further information and to apply, please visit www.qut.edu.au/jobs for reference number 17685.There is also a position description has the full details about the role and what is required when applying.