Research Fellow in Medicine
5 days left
- Full Time
Department of Surgery
Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences
The University of Auckland is New Zealand's leading university, with a turnover of $1.1bn, including a research revenue of over $200m. We are rated in the top one percent of biomedical universities in the world, and our Department of Surgery researchers are recognised internationally for their contributions to science and surgical advancements.
Many of our innovations have arisen from our cross-faculty linkages throughout the University, as well as with the research institutes and laboratories hosted by the University, such as the Auckland Bioengineering Institute. We share a site and clinical research projects with Auckland City Hospital.
To support a large and growing number of trials and studies, the Department of Surgery is seeking a research scientist with the highest standards of scholarship to join us as a Research Fellow.
- You will provide vital support to Principal Investigators who typically manage their research interests alongside operating theatre lists, clinical care, and teaching
- You will actively advise and contribute to a range of exciting studies in all phases of the research cycle, including conception, design, implementation, analysis, and publication
- You will play a role in coordinating and administrating a number of research contracts
- You will already have a MD or PhD in a related field, and ideally will have clinical research experience. This role will afford you the opportunity to further develop your own related research interests and projects
- You will be proficient at writing successful grant applications, ethical review submissions, and academic articles for publication in peer-reviewed journals
If you share our passion for research with the potential to lead to meaningful advances in surgical care, take advantage of this unique opportunity to further your career and apply today!
As one of New Zealand's largest employers, we offer a raft of generous benefits, including five week's annual leave, more than 300 courses and workshops designed to support your professional development, and stand out facilities for staff members who are also parents. No wonder we've been voted New Zealand’s most attractive employer in education.*
Enquiries about the role should be directed to Professor John Windsor, Department of Surgery, telephone +64 9 923 9820, email: email@example.com
This is a full time, fixed term position for a duration of 12 months.
Applications close Sunday, 25 February 2018.
For further information go to www.auckland.ac.nz/opportunities
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Maori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, equity groups, parenting support and flexible work go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
Direct enquiries only please - no agencies.