Associate Lecturer (Pre-Sessional English Language)
- Full Time
Associate Lecturers (Pre-Sessional English Language)
Faculty of Development and Society
TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
£35.45 per hour
Job number 038742
Closing date 22/02/18 at 23:30
We are currently recruiting for associate lecturers to teach on the following pre-sessional courses in English for academic purposes (EAP). You will be allocated one of the following courses but must attend the mandatory inductions
- 15 week course: 30th May to 14th September 2018* (324 hours in total)
- 10 week course: 4th July to 14th September 2018* (219 hours in total)
- 5 week course: 8th August to 14th September 2018* (114 hours in total)
(*the above dates are inclusive of a three day compulsory course induction)
As an associate lecturer you will
- attend all course induction sessions (17 paid hours: day 1; 7 hrs / day 2; 5 hrs / day 3; 5 hrs)
- teach 19 timetabled hours per week divided between two groups of students
- prepare to deliver in-house EAP materials
- attend discipline-specific lectures / prepare discipline related pre and post lecture materials / attend CPD sessions for a further 2 hours per week
- provide regular feedback on student work
- conduct weekly group/individual tutorials with an assigned group of students
- attend weekly course meetings as required
As a new associate lecturer, you will be paired with a returning associate lecturer, and additional support will be provided by a pre-sessional 15/10/5 week course mentor.
You must have a minimum of a first degree, a CELTA/Postgraduate Certificate or equivalent, and preferably a DELTA, or Diploma in TESOL / TEFL or equivalent, or MA in TESOL/TEFL or equivalent. You will also have substantial English language teaching experience, ideally in EAP or a related field.
For further information on the pre-sessional courses, please see https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/find-a-course/presessional-english-for-academic-purposes.
To find out more about working at Sheffield Hallam University please visit http://www.shu.ac.uk/jobs.
We welcome applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements