Teacher in Hospitality and Tourism
- Fixed Term (until 31.12.19), Part Time (0.7FTE)
- School of Education and the Arts
- CQUniversity Cairns
- Total Salary $44,924 to $51,226
Your New Division:
The School of Education and the Arts offers a wide selection of courses in the areas of Education, Creative and Performing Arts, Humanities, Hospitality, Early Childhood, Education Support, Indigenous Studies and Art from short courses, certificates and diplomas to undergraduate, postgraduate and research higher degrees. Our teachers and lecturers are experts in their fields and work closely with industry and relevant networks to ensure that students receive relevant and up to date training to ensure they are graduate work-ready.
Your New Role:
- Developing and delivering teaching and learning programs for classroom, industry, distance and web based clients specific to the Certificate II in Hospitality (and Certificate II in Tourism if qualifications permit).
- Using flexible, blended and distributed learning techniques, options and products for innovative delivery and assessment solutions to meet the changing needs of various client groups.
- Contributing to the review, development and implementation of training packages/syllabus, course content, teaching, and learning resources.
You Will Be:
- A self-motivated and people-focused professional who gains job satisfaction from collaborating and cooperating with other business departments to achieve positive business outcomes.
- A resilient individual who responds well to change and who seeks out opportunities for personal and professional development and additional responsibility in order to learn new skills and grow.
You Will Have:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent (essential).
- Possession of relevant vocational qualification/s at the level equivalent to or higher than the level to be delivered (certificate, trade certificate, diploma, degree or masters) (essential).
- Knowledge of the education and training sector and the ability to positively respond to new directions and demands of the training market (essential).
- Demonstrated capacity for best practice in the management of teaching and learning activities including delivery, assessment and evaluation.
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32308
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Wednesday, 14 February 2018
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria and Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply