Wellington Campus Librarian
Library, Research, Academic and Enterprise
Kia hiwarā! Kia hiwarā!
E ngā mana e ngāreo e ngākarangatangamahatēnākoutoukatoa. Kei tewāteatēneitūrangakiTePutangakiTeAoMātaurangakiTeKunengakiPūrehuroa.
Kongākōrero e whaiakenei he kōrero e pāanakitetūrangawātea.
Our Wellington campus librarian is moving to a position at our Manawatū campus, and we are looking for an experienced librarian to replace her. We have a fabulous building in the heart of campus with 19 (12 FTE) service-focused staff. The library supports a range of programmes in creative arts, health, humanities, social sciences and business. Shared services are centralised at Manawatū so the library's focus is on serving our students and staff in their learning, teaching and research.
Do you have proven skills in the following?:
- Leadership - the ability to think and act strategically, inspire and bring staff with you
- Staff management - working with others with transparency, warmth and respect
- Relationship building - forging positive working relationships across campus and making the most of the opportunities they present
- Teaching information literacy and/or providing research support
- Providing high quality service
You need to be able to both work independently with impeccable judgement, and ensure your team is part of the wider Library whānau. We are developing as a Tiriti-led Library and you will have a role in that too.
Please contact Linda Palmer, University Librarian, if you have any questions or would like any further information.
Contact details: Linda Palmer, University Librarian L.K.Palmer@massey.ac.nz ph 06 356 9099 ext 83687.
For more information or to apply for this position please visit http://massey-careers.massey.ac.nz
Closing date: 18 February 2018
Reference number: G025-18MA
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://massey-careers.massey.ac.nz/