Work Integrated Learning Director
UTS Business School
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
This academic leadership role focuses on expanding the scale and diversity of the School's Work lntegrated Learning (WlL) offerings.
By working in collaboration with academic and professional staff colleagues across the School, you will develop and implement the WIL strategy in accordance with the UTS strategy of developing and coordinating internship-like experiences for students across programs in the Business School.
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide support to the UTS Business School on Work lntegrated Learning (WlL) matters including curriculum development;
- Cultivating innovative approaches and quality experiences in WIL;
- Ensuring internships are contextualized within the associated degree program;
- Engaging in scholarship, research and practice; and foster productive and reciprocal industry partnerships.
- Working closely with the Internship Team to provide academic support for the lnternship subjects in the Bachelor of Management (core), Bachelor of Business (elective) and postgraduate subject/s
To be successful in applying for this role, you should have:
- A PhD or equivalent qualification in a relevant area of educational design or the broader field of business with relevant experience of work-integrated learning, teaching, curriculum design and assessment of student learning outcomes at tertiary level, preferably in a Business Faculty
- High level ability to initiate, develop and make recommendations in relation to work integrated learning in curriculum development, subject design, teaching delivery and assessment
- Evidence of engagement with the scholarship of work-integrated learning, curriculum design, authentic assessment and/or models of industry engagement
- Proven record of mentoring and supporting students and experience of teaching diverse groups of students including a solid understanding of the learning needs of international students
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $100,923 to $137,082 pa (Level B / C)
This role attracts 17%superannuation in addition to the base salary.
Our commitment to work/life support includes benefits such as flexible work practices, childcare centres, generous parental leave and support to carers.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a continuing basis.
How To Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC103058, please review the Position Statement and the relevant selection criteria - click on the apply link to be taken to the relevant page. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC103058.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Please be advised that as part of the selection process that you may be requested to deliver a presentation, the audience for which may include individuals not on the Selection Panel.
Closing Date: Tuesday 27th February 2018 at 11.59pm(AEST)
Please note: We are only accepting on-line applications for this post, however, if you have a disability that makes it difficult for you to provide us with information in this way, please contact the Recruitment Team for assistance.
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.