Development Coordinator, Engineering
- Establish your philanthropy career with a world-class fundraising team
- Access to support, training and mentoring to progress your fundraising career
- Suit entrepreneurial, early-career fundraising or administration professional
About the role
- $83K - $89K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Philanthropy is critical to the success of the 2025 Strategy, UNSW's strategic plan that sets out the priorities and themes that will guide us over the next decade as we position ourselves as 'Australia's Global University'.
Beginning with the appointment of a new Vice-President, Philanthropy in February 2016 UNSW is committed to building a world-class development and engagement organisation that will advance UNSW's ambitious goals.
Our Development and International Development teams work closely with individuals, corporations, and foundations to raise philanthropic support for the university's highest priorities.
Reporting to the Acting Development Director you will provide administration and coordination support to the Development Team and contribute to the achievement of significant philanthropic revenue targets. You will also be responsible for a personal portfolio of approximately 50 prospects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Development Manager and Acting Development Director to support the philanthropic strategy for the Faculty to achieve agreed strategies and targets
- Provide high level administrative support to the Development Team to ensure all donors have complete cultivation and stewardship plans, contact reports and updated Raiser’s Edge records
- Coordinate all elements of donor funded scholarships and prizes in the Faculty with support from the Donor Services Team
- Provide organisational support for meetings and manage small scale events, both on and off campus
Support the preparation of proposals, solicitation letters, and other cultivation materials and stewardship information for major gift prospects and donors
About the successful applicant:
You are an entry-level development professional or experienced administrator with an entrepreneurial approach, looking for the opportunity to utilise your skills in a world-class fundraising team, and access to the support, training and mentoring to progress your fundraising career.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (addressing the selection criteria). Please note all documentation must be in pdf format.
Applications close: 11 pm, 19 February 2018
Acting Director, Development Faculty of Engineering
T: +61 2 9385 5364
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.