Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Psychology
- Full-time, Continuing position at Bendigo or Albury/Wodonga Campus
- Level B: $90,748 - $107,758 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
- Level C: $111,162 - $128,175 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Department of Psychology and Counselling is recognised as a leading authority in many areas of psychology, including clinical psychology and social psychology, cognition and developmental psychology, neuroscience and neuropsychology; affirmed by achieving a ranking of 4 (above world standard) in Psychology research and 5 (well above world standard) in Neuroscience research in the Excellence in Research Australia assessment. We're among the top 200 universities in the world for psychology (QS World University Rankings 2017).
About the position
The successful candidate will be able to develop and design curriculum, and coordinate and teach broadly across the undergraduate psychology curriculum and with an interest in assisting with the development of new post-graduate programs. They will also conduct and publish high quality and high impact research and produce conference papers and publications resulting from that research.
Skills and Experience
- PhD or equivalent accreditation in Psychology or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated competence in teaching and curriculum development.
- Evidence of high quality and high impact research conducted and published.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, or co-supervise, honours and postgraduate students.
Level C – all of the above, plus:
- Proven ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students.
- Demonstrated record of achievement as a leader with a reputation for skills, knowledge and expertise at a national level.
- Success in obtaining research funding from grants, contracts, or consultancies.
- Registration as a Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Demonstrated experience applying psychology-related expertise and supporting professional psychology postgraduate students.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
How to apply
Closing date: Wednesday, 28 February 2018 by 11.00pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Associate Professor Pauleen Bennett, Tel: +62 3 5444 7460,
Please submit a cover letter indicating which Level you are applying for, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.