7 days left
- Full Time
The University of Canterbury celebrates people prepared to make a difference: tangatatū, tangataora.
Its mission is to contribute to society through knowledge in chosen areas of endeavour by promoting a world-class learning environment, known for attracting people with the greatest potential to make a difference.
Since 2011 the University has undergone fundamental renewal, and the campus now enjoys new world class buildings, facilities and student accommodation. It is ranked in the top 1% of universities world-wide by the QS international rating agency, with 17 subjects ranked in the top 200.
Founded in 1873, it is NZ’s second oldest university. It employs 1900 full-time equivalent staff, who teach approximately 16,000 students, of which 1,500 are international students from more than 100 countries.
In January 2019 Vice-Chancellor Dr Rod Carr will complete ten years of leadership and will not be seeking reappointment.
The University Council, Te Kaunihera o Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha, is now conducting an international search for a leader who is energetic, enthusiastic, intellectually and emotionally intelligent, innovative, and able to assist an evolving University to continue to transform and grow.
This exciting new era requires an experienced and visionary leader with:
- Academic distinction and high professional standing
- Significant institutional leadership experience with strategic vision, financial acumen and strong values
- An understanding of the New Zealand higher education, research and government environments
- Demonstrated empathy, understanding and recognition of New Zealand’s unique bicultural foundations and the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi)
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships within the University and with government, business and other centres of learning internationally
- A commitment to excellence in research and teaching
- Exemplary personal qualities of good judgement, integrity, presence and drive.
Please view the Welcome from the Chancellor video by copying and pasting the following URL into your browser - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx_IB-aFCYs&feature=youtu.be
To receive the Candidate Information Book, please email: UCVC@odgersberndtson.com. Please do not apply directly through our UC careers website.
To arrange a confidential conversation with Julie Steiner from Odgers Berndtson Executive Search, who is advising the University, please call + 61 2 8905 3711.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 7 March 2018.