Director, Teaching Capability
SALARY RANGE: $136,960 to $150,646 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director, Teaching Capability will lead University initiatives to develop, deliver and refine a comprehensive suite of programs to grow and sustain professional development of Deakin teaching teams.
This will include:
- Senior leadership of major University learning and teaching development initiatives to build teaching capability throughout the University and improve teaching practice.
- Development and delivery of informal and formal professional development programs for university teaching and learning in collaboration with Faculties and other University teams.
- Assisting in the development of an effective policy and operational environment to foster continuous improvement of teaching practice.
- Providing strategic, operational and practical advice to the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Teaching and Learning) and the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Education on professional development, reward and recognition of University teaching teams and teaching staff.
- PhD in a relevant field demonstrated by clear and credible evidence such as scholarly publication or strategic leadership.
- Evidence of capacity to make an outstanding contribution to Deakin Learning Futures, including evidence of strategic leadership and thought leadership in teaching and learning in higher education.
- Evidence (preferably recent) of excellence in contribution to innovative teaching at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels, in online and campus-based environments.
- Evidence of publication in appropriate journals and publications in areas associated with building staff capability, higher education or the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Liz Johnson, Tel: +61 0455 093 050
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 18 February 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life.
Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.