Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Medical Imaging
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The School of Health & Biomedical Science has a strategic focus on chronic disease and integrative health care with cross-cutting themes of: Indigenous Health, Exercise & Nutrition, Ageing in Health & Disease, and Medical Devices, Diagnostics and Prognostics. Research within the School is supported by modern facilities and state-of-the-art equipment.
RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
Make a contribution to the teaching and research efforts of the School, in disciplines related to their field of expertise.
The School of Health and Biomedical Sciences is currently looking for:
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer - Medical Imaging (Full Time & Part Time available, continuing position)
- Carry out teaching activities within undergraduate, Masters and Graduate Diploma programs
- Maintaining and advancing their scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities
- Actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities
- Work collaboratively and collegially with fellow academics within the teaching team, and update colleagues and students on developments in their subject area or specialisation
- Course coordination responsibilities
- Registration or eligible for registration with AHPRA as a Medical Imaging Technologist
- Great ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels including through online delivery
- Ability to undertake course coordination
- Capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students, especially on issues related to effective learning
- Emerging track record and recognition within their discipline or profession evidenced by industry links and engagement, or through publications, the development of new research initiatives and competitive research funding
To view a position description please see below. Please submit your application via the RMIT career's site: http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au. For further information please contact Ms Mary-Ann Carmichael (Head of Discipline) on +61 3 9925 7908 or at Maryemail@example.com.
Applications close on Sunday, the 25th of February 2018.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description (please highlight the three most important criteria for you).
RMIT recognises the importance of an environment that celebrates and welcomes diversity. We are dedicated to attracting and developing people of diverse genders, sexes and sexualities; cultural and linguistic backgrounds; people with disability and from diverse age groups. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified members of the community to join us in building a diverse and inclusive workplace supporting diverse student cohorts. We are actively supporting gender equality in STEMM and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as we work to improve opportunities and outcomes for all.