Senior / Research Associate in Experimental Solid State Photonic Quantum Information Science
Research Associate or Senior Research Associate in Experimental Solid State Photonic Quantum Information Science
Job number ACAD103135
Division/School School of Computer Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Engineering Maths
Contract type Open ended contract staff
Working pattern Full time
Salary £32,548 - £41,212
Closing date for applications 01-Jul-2018
This is a “rolling advert” with a nominal end date only. Applications are welcome at any time and the timing of the selection process will be dependent on the applications received. Start date dependent on the circumstances of the successful candidates.
The Photonics group sits within the Department of Electrical Engineering and linked strongly to the Centre for Quantum Photonics and Physics. As a result of recent grant and personal fellowship successes we are looking to recruit future world leaders in some or all of the following areas:
- Single colour centres in diamond
- Quantum dot light sources
- Optical domain magnetic resonance
- Quantum memories
- Enhanced optical coupling in wavelength scale structures
- 1D cavity-‘atom’ systems
- Efficient single photon sources
- Deterministic gates for quantum information
- Spin-photon gates for scalable quantum processors
You will hold a PhD, or expect to be awarded soon, and have experience in one of the sub-areas of quantum optics mentioned above.You will have a good level of hands-on experimental skills and the ability to understand and communicate complex interdisciplinary concepts clearly, both orally and through the written word. You should have already demonstrated your use of personal initiative and creativity, to solve problems encountered in the research context,Ideally, you will have begun publishing in high impact journals and will be expected to continue to do so in this project.
This post is being offered on full time, open-ended contract for up to 2 years in the first instance with fixed term funding (end date to be confirmed). There is a possibility of extension.
The start date for each post is flexible dependent on the circumstances of the successful candidates.
For informal enquiries, please contact:Professor John Rarity: email@example.com, tel: +44(0) 117 954 5646 or Dr Ruth Oulton: Ruth.Oulton@bristol.ac.uk, tel: +44 (0117) 928 7603
The University is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.
More searches like this
- £40,001 - £50,000 Permanent Computer Science Research Associate jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £40,001 - £50,000 Permanent Engineering & Technology Research Associate jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £40,001 - £50,000 Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Research Associate jobs in Bristol (City Centre)