WIL Operations Manager
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 15,000 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs. Its direction is guided by a business advisory council of leading CEOs, chairpersons and other business leaders.
The Student Experience is the UNSW Business School’s central hub for engagement and support for students and alumni. As a ‘One-stop-shop’, we drive a seamless pathway for our students ranging from discovery and enquiry through to graduation and beyond.
About the role
- $91K -$99K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The WIL Operations Manager provides operational leadership and management and will continuously develop and implement successful systems that ensure the effective delivery of the WIL objectives.
In this role you will:
- Design, manage and lead the operational strategy and planning for WIL services in collaboration with your key stakeholders ensuring resources are appropriately allocated to deliver identified projects and initiatives.
- Pro-actively assess operational work practices to identify, recommend and support process improvements.
- Provide high level advice and recommendations with regard to operational management and activities.
About the successful applicant
You will have a strong foundation and experience in the provision of ops management and leadership work units. Your high level analytical skills, understanding of effective work processes, and creativity will ensure that the day-to-day operational and strategic needs within your unit are managed.
Specific requirements include:
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Proven leadership skills managing a team of professionals, including managing workloads, setting priorities and influencing and driving core outcomes in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated success in implementing and integrating new platforms and processes in large and complex organisation setting
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Director, Student Experience
T: (61 2) 9385 9693
Applications close: 11.59 pm 18th February 2018