Graduate Project Engineer
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Water research Laboratory (WRL) is home to world-leading researchers and unique laboratories facilities on –site delivering first class research outputs. WRL Projects seeks a Graduate Engineer to join our successful consulting team.
About the role
- $70K - $87K plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term 24 months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Projects Team of the Water Research Laboratory (WRL) in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering at UNSW is a research and consulting (high level applied research) laboratory that provides solutions, technical advice and service to industry and government agencies in various water disciplines including water resources, coastal and environmental engineering and groundwater. This is an entry level position where you will be supervised and mentored by some of Australia’s leading water engineering specialists.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- An appropriate degree in Engineering or Science
- An ability to work in a high-volume team environment
- Effective time management skills
- Demonstrated strong background in an area of water engineering which may include water resources, groundwater, coastal engineering, environmental science or numerical modelling areas
- A class C Australian Drivers licence or equivalent.
- Demonstrable track record of project work experience on a professional engineering team in a relevant water discipline.
- Completion of a recognised project management course or demonstrable equivalent relevant project management experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Mr Grantley Smith, Manager, UNSW Water Research Laboratory
Applications close: 25 February 2018