Manager, Design and Projects
OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT (REGIONAL CAMPUSES &ESTATES AND INFRASTRUCTURE)
Estates & Infrastructure
Manager Design & Projects manages the Design & Projects teams to ensure compliance of all engineering services, design and drafting, project planning and quality control works of the University, including tender documentation and contract management to University standards. This position ensures that new buildings, alterations, installations, and extensions meet the regulatory standards in Safety, Sustainability, Accessibility and Design. The incumbent will be required to design, install and maintain the building services that are needed to allow the building to do what it's designed to do. These services include heating & cooling, lighting, power and backup supply, lifts and escalators, health and safety, acoustics and energy efficiency.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications in Mechanical Engineering, trade certificate in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience OR an equivalent level of expertise gained from a combination of experience, training or professional accreditation;
- Increasingly responsible engineering experience;
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, &Project Management Software such as Microsoft Projects;
- Administrative and supervisory responsibility;
- Experience in multitasking and within tight deadlines;
- Preferably holds a current and clean Fiji driver’s license.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary: Level 3 FJ $66,521 to FJ $81,491per annum (Inclusive of 15% Gratuity)
Enquiries: EO Regional Campuses; tel.: (679) 32 31999; email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 3 March 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.