Lecturer in Organic Chemistry
1 day left
- Full Time
FACULTY OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENT
School of Biological and Chemical Sciences
Build a legacy with us!
The University of the South Pacific is one of two regional universities in the world and is the leading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. We are supported by 12 Pacific Island Countries; Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
The School of Biological and Chemical Sciences is one of the five schools’ in the Faculty of Science, Technology and Environment, and offers programmesin Biology and Chemistry at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The School has over 3000 full-time national, regional and international students of diverse cultures both as face-to-face and distance learners.
The appointee will contribute to the teaching of undergraduate Organic Chemistry courses across the Chemistry curriculum and contribute in other areasof chemistry as well. The appointee will be expected to contribute to the teaching and updating of chemistry course offered via online. In addition, the incumbent will contribute to the School’s postgraduate programmes, supervise research students, and undertake research in their area of expertise. The appointee will also be expected to successfully attract research grants (from internal and external sources) in the thematic area of research and support the Faculty and the University’s mission and goals as set out in the University’s Strategic Plan. The appointee will also assist with other tasks assigned by the Head of School.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A PhD in Organic Chemistry;
- Good relevant tertiary teaching experience at undergraduate/postgraduate levelswith formal tertiary teaching qualification;
- A strong record of internationally recognized research and publications;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- The ability to teach Organic Chemistry and courses in other areas of chemistry;
- Willingness to undertake research as demonstrated by strong research publication records and supervise as well as mentor postgraduate research students;
- Teaching qualification and teaching experience at the tertiary level in the Pacific region;
- Teaching experience in Organic Chemistry and research in Chemistry;
- Some evidence of attracting external grants.
The position is available for a fixed term of 2 years.
Salary Range: Lecturer FJ $66, 990 to FJ $88, 144 per annum
In addition to the above benefits, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Professor Surendra Prasad, Head of School of Biological and Chemical Sciences, FSTE; tel.: (679) 32 32416; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 4 March 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.