Administrative Specialist, Health Education and Prevention Services
5 days left
- Full Time
Description of Work Unit
The CSU Health Network at Colorado State University provides a full range of cost effective, on-campus, mental health and primary care medical services, referral for community specialty care and comprehensive health education and prevention services’ programming. Services such as physical therapy, dentistry and optometry, are available. The CSU Health Network is active in creating a healthy campus environment to support learning and success. For more information about the CSU Health Network at Colorado State University, see http://www.health.colostate.edu.
The CSU Health Network Health Education and Prevention Services (HEPS) supports the health and well-being of students through the identification of campus health priorities and delivery of evidence-based programs, services and initiatives that enable students to accomplish their academic goals. These practices involve fostering awareness, skills and addressing the environmental context in which health behavior decisions are made to create a healthy learning community. Focus areas include: Substance Abuse Prevention, Mental Health Initiatives, Resiliency and Well-Being, Peer Education (CREWS), Sexual Health Initiatives and Tobacco Cessation. Health Education and Prevention Services also oversees marketing and communications for the CSU Health Network and supports campus bicycle and pedestrian safety, financial wellness, fitness, nutrition, sun safety and violence prevention efforts. The department is open between the hours of 8:00 am- 5:00 pm Monday-Friday, with adjusted hours for weekend/evening related work.
The Administrative Specialist – HEPS provides administrative, customer service, budget and initiative support for CSU Health Network HEPS and manages the Health and Medical Center Information Desk.
CSU offers full benefits which include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement programs and more. The University’s Commitment to Campus benefits program offers a wide range of programs, discounts and special benefits available to eligible faculty and staff. For more detailed information about CSU benefits, visit http://www.hrs.colostate.edu/benefits/ and http://www.hrs.colostate.edu/benefits/fap-insplans-new.pdf
To be considered for this position applicants must have:
- Three years of administrative experience in a health care or public health setting.
Highly sought applicants will have many of the following:
- Experience managing complex and multiple responsibilities and processes.
- Familiarity with public health, psychological and medical terminology.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to working with diverse and under-represented populations.
- Ability to learn and provide administrative support for recruitment and selection processes.
- Experience collaborating with multiple departments within an organization.
- Demonstrated abilities in budget reconciliation.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal relations skills.
- Ability to learn and be proficient in several computer systems including: PyraMed (electronic appointment scheduling and health records system), PowerDMS (document management system), Campus Labs (university outcomes management system), Kuali (accounting system).
- Demonstrated skills in the MS Office Suite, with emphasis on MS Excel skills.
Essential Job Duties
Job Duty Category Administrative Functions Duty/Responsibility
- Provides staff workshop, event and class preparation support.
- Assists with staff scheduling, room and reservations and audio-visual needs.
- Takes HEPS department and Substance Abuse Prevention, Mental Health Initiatives, Resiliency and Well-Being, Sexual Health Initiatives and other committee meeting minutes, reviews with meeting lead, makes updates, provides final minutes to lead for distribution and posts to PowerDMS, the CSU Health Network’s document management system. Maintains confidentiality of meeting discussions.
- Provides data entry, report writing, copying, scanning, faxing, collating, proofing, editing, department mail sorting, bulletin board maintenance and storage/workroom organization support.
- Manages department equipment, facilities and custodial requests.
- Assures department office supplies are stocked.
- Assures staff members have appropriate keys by collaborating with CSU Health Network HR.
- Assists HEPS Director on department annual report compiling, posting department outcomes to Campus Labs and preparing the information for CSU Health Network annual report insertion.
- Reviews and updates department policies and procedures, department specific student/staff orientation guidelines and forms/templates/outcome documentation with HEPS Director and staff yearly.
- Supports HEPS Director in coordinating team trainings, connections, gatherings, birthday honoring and stress relief opportunities.
- Updates each semester and distributes (1) student staff welcome signs and name plates, (2) department contact list, (3) department group e-mail, (4) Strengths Quest roster and posts in workroom.
- Maintains department telephone tree and manages voicemail. Manages department e-mail account.
- Evaluates position processes and makes recommendations for change.
- Develops and maintains key relationships to execute duties.
- Participates in the CSU Health Network’s quality improvement program and accreditation activities.
- Maintains proficiency in PyraMed (electronic appointment scheduling and health records system), PowerDMS (document management system), Campus Labs (university outcomes management system), Kuali (accounting system) and Windows Suite and Outlook related to job responsibilities and familiarity with public health, psychological and medical terminology.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the HEPS Director.
Percentage Of Time 45% Job Duty Category Customer Service and Key Point of Contact Duty/Responsibility
- Provides customer service by (1) greeting visitors and assessing their needs; (2) answering questions (in person, phone, e-mail, etc.) or redirecting to the appropriate staff and (3) upholding a high level of confidentiality, sensitivity and helpfulness.
- Maintains a knowledge base and summary of CSU Health Network, HEPS and other campus and community program and services and frequently asked questions.
Percentage Of Time 10% Job Duty Category Budget Reconciliation and Purchasing Duty/Responsibility
- Reconciles monthly program areas’ operating expenses spreadsheet, using monthly detail report and Kauli accounting system.
- Records monthly student assistant allocation use on spreadsheet and calculates allocation left for area leads to review.
- Coordinates food and miscellaneous purchasing for department.
Percentage Of Time 10% Job Duty Category Initiative Support Duty/Responsibility
- Requests emails for identified, higher-risk student groups from CSU Health Network Information Technology or participating departments and sends the Interactive Screening Program, using parameters given by the Manager of Mental Health Initiatives.
- Supports Everfi module implementation Fall and Spring semesters:
- Requests from CSU Health Network Information Technology to populate the Everfi module database that manages module completion, using parameters given by the Assistant Director of Substance Abuse Prevention.
- Sends initial e-mails for AlcoholEdu, Haven: Understanding Sexual Assault, Haven Plus, Transit Financial Wellness and @Work 30/35 days before the semester begins and refreshes weekly the Everfi module database tracking completions before sending module completion reminders.
Percentage Of Time 10% Job Duty Category Information Desk Management Duty/Responsibility
- Oversees Information Desk operations, including visitor welcoming, wayfinding, answering questions or redirecting to the appropriate department, building mail distribution and collection and staff projects.
- Recruits, provides training, schedules, supervises and evaluates four to five Information Desk student assistants.
- Provides training, schedules, supervises and evaluates one Information Desk State Classified hourly.
- Serves as back up when there are staffing coverage issues.
- Maintains Information Desk staff manual, updating each semester.
- Coordinates safety and emergency response training scenarios for supervisees.
- Works with Manager of Resiliency and Well-Being (RWB) and RWB Student Assistants on Still Point Reflection Space operations, including managing student use of stress management still-building technologies in the space.
Percentage Of Time 20% Job Duty Category CSU Health Network Administrative Search Support Duty/Responsibility
- Coordinates search committee meetings and schedules employee calendars using PyraMed and/or Outlook calendar, managing calendar conflicts.
- Posts job announcements to agreed-upon posting sites.
- Develops and maintains candidate files and record keeping throughout the search process; submits finalized search file to CSU Health Network HR to archive according to retention guidelines.
- Creates timeline and tracks progress.
- Reserves meeting rooms and arranges for use of equipment, secures catering and selects menus.
- Completes committee meeting minutes, including justification for applicant status changes.
- Moves applicants through the CSU Talent Management System based on disposition.
- Corresponds with applicants.
- Arranges finalist travel and hotel accommodations.
- Creates telephone and campus interviews agendas, prepares evaluation forms and other documents with committee.
- Sends regret letters and completes close out paperwork.
- Other job duties as required to support search processes.
Percentage Of Time 5%
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties you have performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the Work Experience section on the application. Human Resources must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that Human Resources can calculate full-time work experience.
- The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the Application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- Positions requiring a degree or if using education as a substitution for work experience (eg: Associate or Bachelor’s) transcripts are required in order to verify receipt of the required degree or coursework. If official or unofficial transcripts are not supplied at the time of application, the Application is incomplete.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening.
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a completed application; however, some positions may still require a resume as a component for complete application materials.
**Please see the Required Documents section of the posting.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s), which requires candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check the Deleted and Junk folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your Application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the Help link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office HR_Employment@mail.colostate.edu.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Employment and Appeal Rights
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination. Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.