7 days left
- Full Time
Description of Work Unit
The CSU Health Network at Colorado State University provides a full range of cost effective, on-campus, mental health and primary care medical services, referral for community specialty care and comprehensive health education and prevention services’ programming. Services such as physical therapy, dentistry and optometry, are available. The CSU Health Network is active in creating a healthy campus environment to support learning and success. For more information about the CSU Health Network at Colorado State University, see http://www.health.colostate.edu.
The Physical Therapy Department at the CSU Health Network provides a comprehensive breath of services including Physical Therapy, Massage therapy and Sport medicine/Orthopedic clinics. Physical Therapy evaluates and treats patients using therapeutic modalities, manual therapy techniques and exercise. The goal of treatment is to improve the functional and physical capabilities of the patient. The Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Clinic is staffed by consulting physicians from the community. Consultations are available for management of orthopedic and sport’s related injuries and evaluation and treatment of hand/wrist pain, injuries, and surgical consults. Massage Therapy is offered by licensed massage therapists. Massage therapy can be beneficial to enhance function and promote relaxation for muscle tension and overuse injuries. The Physical Therapy department is open between the hours of 7:30 am-5:00 pm Monday-Friday, providing attractive work schedules for staff.
This physical therapy position exists to evaluate and treat patients, using therapeutic modalities, manual therapy techniques and exercise. The goal of the treatment is to improve the functional and physical capabilities of the patient.
CSU offers full benefits which include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement programs and more. The University’s Commitment to Campus benefits program offers a wide range of programs, discounts and special benefits available to eligible faculty and staff. For more detailed information about CSU benefits, visit http://www.hrs.colostate.edu/benefits/ and http://www.hrs.colostate.edu/benefits/fap-insplans-new.pdf.
Required Job Qualifications
- Masters of Physical Therapy (MPT) or Masters of Science in Physical Therapy (MSPT) or higher
- Possession of current, valid physical therapist license from the State of Colorado, or the ability to obtain prior to start
- One year of practice as a licensed physical therapist
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
- Three or more years of experience in outpatient orthopedic and sports medicine setting
- Demonstrated experience with manual therapy (continuing education, certifications)
- Prior experience in a university setting
- Experience working with diverse populations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Specialty training in the following areas: Sports Medicine or Orthopedic Clinical Specialist, Vestibular Disorders/Concussion Management and Rehabilitation, TMD, Athletic Taping/Kinesiotaping®, Trigger Point Dry Needling, UE/LE Bracing/Splinting, and Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Patient Evaluation Duty/Responsibility
- Evaluates and treats patients as a primary care provider and on referral from physicians.
Percentage Of Time 70% Job Duty Category Medical Records Duty/Responsibility
- Keeps current medical records of evaluation and ongoing treatment through typing in the patient’s electronic medical record.
Percentage Of Time 20% Job Duty Category Communication Duty/Responsibility
- Communicates with other care providers verbally and in writing to discuss patient care and progress.
Percentage Of Time 5% Job Duty Category Education Duty/Responsibility
- Educates students, their significant others, staff and faculty in injury prevention including individualized home programs. Presents educational seminars/inservices as indicated.
Percentage Of Time 5%
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete applications must include:
- A cover letter addressing Required Job Qualifications, Preferred Job Qualifications and Essential Job Duties
Applicants needing assistance to submit application may contact Tammy Roehrich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Tammy Roehrich, email@example.com
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.