Researcher - Electro Optics
Researcher - Electro Optics
Organization Name ETIC - Emirates Technology and Innovation Center
ETIC is a jointly established research and innovation center by EARTH, and Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research.
ETIC aims to advance defense systems and technologies through specific applied research programs, in order to put in place the support infrastructure to facilitate, develop and enable, and contribute to the defense R&D of the UAE.
Engineering Area and Subject Matter Expertise: Electro-Optics, Imaging Sensors, Image Processing, Machine Learning, Embedded Software / Hardware, Opto-Mechanics, Laser & IR technology
- Demonstrates ability to learn and master how products take shape at the R&D level
- Able to use computer and mathematical tools for simulation, modeling and prototyping
- Handles project tasks as part of team assignments
- Continuously evaluates project development and suggest improvement to build efficiency across processes
- Fuels R&D environment with relentless generation of ideas and innovative solutions
- Suggests R&D solutions unique to clients’ requirements.
- Conducts market research to evaluate status of industry, major developers, and latest technology market trends
- Establishes business, technical, and statistical reporting pertaining to project tasks
- Interacts, communicates and maintains relationships with peers, industry and academia
- Evaluates, maintains, and supports laboratory equipment as instructed, and in accordance with project setup
- Attends dedicated training as recommended by project leader
- Maintains track of assigned project tasks metrics , e.g. time, expenses, performance criteria, etc.
- Writes, contributes, drafts, and presents technical papers, and publications as required
- Attends scientific competitions, conferences, and technical symposiums
- Contribute to the creation of an environment that encourages innovation and creative thinking
- Assume responsibility for managing own personal work-related development
- Understand and implement good practice in workplace coaching & mentoring
- Plan and lead complex team activities and review own ability to do so
- Coach R&D Engineers
- Develop a culture that supports the growth and implementation of ideas through understanding of the roles of different functions that support innovation and change
- Understand the importance of risk management in creating a culture that supports creativity and innovation
- Build ethical leadership and management awareness and capability
- Attends and leads scientific competitions, conferences, and technical symposiums
- Coaches Sr. R&D Engineers, R&D Engineers and Interns
- Other duties may be assigned in accordance with the specific needs of R&D projects.
- Deepen understanding of the purpose of coaching and mentoring within an organisational context and develop the required skills, principles and practice of effective management coaching and mentoring
- Plan and prepare for management coaching or mentoring programmes based on identified developmental needs and goals
- Develop understanding and ability of leading innovation and change and propose innovative solutions to improve organizational performance
- Proposes and pursues new opportunities for ETIC’s partners arising from his/her research (e.g. new revenues, cost savings or improvements to customer service)
- Generates tangible value for ETIC and its partners through research and creation and protection of licensable technology
- Takes a lead role when working with clients and collate the combined outputs of the technical team to present back to the customer
- Contributes to ETIC’s world-class standing in research and innovation through appropriate communications, including internal reports or presentations, external presentations to customers and peers, journal publications, popular science articles etc.
- Performs other similar or related duties as required by ETIC management
- 10 years Combined R&D and Applied Engineering experience as a minimum
- PhD Degree
- Doctoral Endorsement by a governmental and academic Institution
- Speaks, Communicates, writes, and reads English, Arabic a plus
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following: 1. Resume/CV 2. Passport-size photograph
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Research Assistants / Officers jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Research Assistants / Officers jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Fixed Term Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Research Assistants / Officers jobs in United Arab Emirates