Chief Researcher - Head of Information Systems
1 day left
- Full Time
Chief Researcher - Head of Information Systems
Organization Name ETIC (Emirates Technology and Innovation Center
ETIC is a jointly established research and innovation center by EARTH, and Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research.
ETIC aims to advance defense systems and technologies through specific applied research programs, in order to put in place the support infrastructure to facilitate, develop and enable, and contribute to the defense R&D of the UAE.
The role holder is a thought Information Systems & Cyber Security leader, on leading edge complex technologies and a recognized authority with strong track record of scientific and technical publications, presentations, and R&D accomplishments in the field.
To lead on development of Information Systems & Cyber Security Department research areas within ETIC or in collaboration with external partners, and is likely to be active in the international arena (as appropriate and directed) within the field, e.g. formal or de-facto standards bodies, conference organizing committees, professional bodies etc.
- Integrates leading edge Information Systems & Cyber Security technology across disciplines or business units.
- Develops a strategy for the Information Systems & Cyber Security Department to achieve excellence in the field and impact on the business.
- Proposes and pursues new opportunities for ETIC and its partners arising from Information Systems and Cyber Security research (e.g. new revenues, cost savings or improvements to customer service).
- Initiates, defines and manages Information Systems and Cyber Security research projects or programmes (both internal to ETIC and/or with collaborative partners) to ensure alignment and underpinning of ETIC’s partners strategic objectives.
- Provides Information Systems and Cyber Security Department oversight, mentoring or guidance of researchers, technicians or students (as required).
- Builds strong relationships with key people in the Lines of Information Systems and Cyber Security Department Business of ETIC’s partners and works with others as necessary in ETIC to deliver value from their research.
- Provides Information Systems and Cyber Security Department’s technical leadership by setting the strategy by which recognised specific problems or challenges will be overcome/establishing ‘technical’ approaches to market analysis problems that will deliver the requirements of the analysis.
- Provides consultancy and advice to internal or external customers on investments in new Information Systems and Cyber Security technology (systems or networks) to support their business strategy and objectives.
- Carries out external Information Systems and Cyber Security research collaboration programmes, which enhances the overall knowledge base of ETIC.
- Acts as the trusted expert for ETIC and its partners.
- Communicates commercial Information Systems and Cyber Security opportunities to all levels with maximum impact.
- Contributes to ETIC’s world-class standing in Information Systems and Cyber Security research and innovation through appropriate communications, including internal reports or presentations, external presentations to customers and peers, journal publications, popular science articles etc.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best methods of accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Champions strategic projects that affect the long-range goals and objectives of ETIC.
- Works closely with ETIC Director and Program Director to align Information Systems and Cyber Security Department’s projects strategy along with EARTH’s leadership instructions.
- Performs other similar or related duties as required by ETIC Management.
- Full Academic Professorship
- Ph.D Holder in Electrical, Cyber Security, Informatics, Cryptography, Systems Engineering or similar
- + Fifteen (15) Years proven R&D Experience, with proven track record of delivering research projects that bring value to the business.
- Extensive programme and project management expertise, with a thorough understanding of business strategy and goals.
- More than a dozen of conference papers and internationally recognized scientific journals
- Must possess required knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job effectively, such as, but not limited to: Analysis and Research, Understanding of budget, planning, assessment, and personnel processes, Ability to motivate the diverse workforce, Planning and Organizing Resources
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following: 1. Resume/CV 2. Passport-size photograph