Research Associate - ICT
Research Associate - ICT
Organization Name Research and Graduate Studies
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Participates in scientific research as a professionally responsible member of the research team, participates in problem exploration, and definition, planning of the approach and sequence of steps, execution of experiments or studies, interpretation of findings, documentation and reporting of results and progress, maintenance of research records and compliance to all established policies and procedures;
- Regularly meets with the Advisors to explain the research results, for the development and troubleshooting of techniques, to provide direction and focus to the research, to air concerns and conflicts, and to express mutual expectations;
- Publishes research results in a journal appropriate to the field in a timely manner, may present findings at meetings;
- Participates in writing grant applications and proposals that pertain to the research;
- Contributes to the overall activities of the research team and the department, as required;
- Performs other similar or related duties as and when assigned by the advisors.
The potential candidate is expected to carry out specifics research tasks to develop 5G solutions for multiple video streaming systems (MVSSs) over wireless networks. Consideration will be given to those with a strong background in areas such as:
- Secure multiple access techniques for MVSS with hardware imperfection. The goal is to investigate the performance limits and design compensation algorithms for secure MVSSs under realistic scenarios.
- Distributed signal processing where nodes in a MVSS are allowed to perform effective low-complexity computations, thus increasing locality and minimizing data movement.
- Low-complexity network coding and processing algorithms which aim at designing models and algorithms with the least memory requirements and processing to minimize energy consumption.
- Resource management optimization, energy efficiency and data-aware systems with the aim of developing data-aware resource management distributed systems and clusters
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or a related field
- No previous experience required, however basic knowledge in wireless/digital communications is a must.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Must possess required knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job effectively.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following: 1. Resume/CV 2. Passport-size photograph